Temp Gauge Sending Unit Location on Edelbrock SP2P-318 Intake?

-

fadingfastsd

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've got a Edelbrock aluminum SP2P-318 intake on my 318 in my cuda.
I have a Summit Racing temp gauge, and I'm wondering how I can use the temp sender with this intake.

The sender is about 2" long or so, and I've tried to fit it into this hole next to the radiator hose inlet on the intake (marked in red in the picture), but the sender is too long to thread in!

So am I missing something, is there some other way to use this sender and this intake?

Thanks for the help!

Evan

SP2P318_intake.jpg

Hey guys,

I have a Summit Racing temp gauge, and I'm wondering how I can use the temp sender with this intake.

The sender is about 2" long or so, and I've tried to fit it into this hole next to the radiator hose inlet on the intake (marked in red in the picture), but the sender is too long to thread in!

So am I missing something, is there some other way to use this sender and this intake?

Thanks for the help!

Evan

You should have an adaptor with it that the sender screws into. It should have a tapered inside so the sender can seal against it.

Thanks Red.
The sender did come with a threaded adapter, but it is too large for the hole on the intake.

Any other ideas or locations I could tap the sender into?

Thanks!

Ok I figured it out.
Went down to Home Depot and got some adapters in the plumbing pipe section.

Noticed it takes awhile for it to register temperature though?
But it does seem to work.

What is normal operating temperature on a 318?

Heres a couple pics.

CIMG2730.JPG

CIMG2731.jpg

Ok I figured it out.
Went down to Home Depot and got some adapters in the plumbing pipe section.

Noticed it takes awhile for it to register temperature though?
But it does seem to work.

What is normal operating temperature on a 318?

Heres a couple pics.
What is that adapter called cause I need one also?

Hey guys,

Thanks for the help!

Evan
good job did you have to use a carb adapter also

-
Back