Temperature Sender Help Needed

-

Gandy Dancer

Reaction score
Hello - I recently attempted to screw a temperature sender into my Weiand Stealth Manifold which is in a 66 Barracuda. I ended up turning the sender to hard and broke the external portion of the sender. Does anyone have any ideas on getting the old shaft out with out destroying the intake manifold? Thanks FABO!

Attachments

• IMG00892-20120221-1725.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG00891-20120221-1725.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG00890-20120221-1725.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 155
Try tapping in an ez-out but be carefull, if that doesn't work try Collapsing the outer edges into the center be very carefull and working it out slowly.

Thanks Mr FT, I am going to pick up either a screw extractor or tap and die set. Which one do you recommend?

Thanks Mr FT, I am going to pick up either a screw extractor or tap and die set. Which one do you recommend?

Both. It never hurts to have a plan B. :boxing:

You could also try drilling it out with a drill that is smaller than the inside diameter of the threads. :toothy3:

Good luck

Murphy's Law: If something can go wrong, It will... :banghead: :mad:

X2 on both, it's better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it. Good Luck! Don't rush.

Check the length of yout new sender too. Some senders bottom out in some mianifolds.

If you have to tap it out, just remember the threads are National Pipe threads. You will need an 1/8" NPT tap. Just a reminder.

-
Back