test drive mishaps

-

diymirage

HP@idle > hondaHP@redline
Reaction score
thought i would share this here...i took a 2000 ram 1500 out on a test drive yesterday
i was pretty sure i wanted it, it was a good deal AND it had a 5.7 hemi with only 116K on it, so i had the wife drop me off and figured id drive the truck home

went on a test drive and all went went, heat blew hot, seatwarmers worked, and all was well
so i asked the guy, can we test out the 4 hi and low?

he said, just pull into the back yard, we'll hit up the back 40
so, i did as he said and BURIED her in the soft mud on the back 40
turn out the 4 Hi and 4 low both work, the difs, are open and the "new" tires are definitely not off road tires

while the owner was trying to dig her out, i noticed the badges said "magnum V8" so i popped the hood and found out it wasnt a hemi after all

needless to say...i walked the 4 miles home

thought i would share this here...i took a 2000 ram 1500 out on a test drive yesterday
i was pretty sure i wanted it, it was a good deal AND it had a 5.7 hemi with only 116K on it, so i had the wife drop me off and figured id drive the truck home

went on a test drive and all went went, heat blew hot, seatwarmers worked, and all was well
so i asked the guy, can we test out the 4 hi and low?

he said, just pull into the back yard, we'll hit up the back 40
so, i did as he said and BURIED her in the soft mud on the back 40
turn out the 4 Hi and 4 low both work, the difs, are open and the "new" tires are definitely not off road tires

while the owner was trying to dig her out, i noticed the badges said "magnum V8" so i popped the hood and found out it wasnt a hemi after all

needless to say...i walked the 4 miles home
I was going to say, either its not a 2000, or its not a HEMI. They even made the 2002+ body style trucks with 5.9's and v10's for a few years until the Hemi Dropped in 2003.
just FYI as you continue your search. No 2nd gens ever had hemi's. and nothing before 2003 had one either. Also the 4.7 was around too...so anything advertised as just a "magnum" in the 3rd gen body style, may be "just a 4.7"

Yeh, and I've been looking and seen several ads which evidently were 4.7's and the advertiser claimed it was a "hemi."

Irritates the crap out of me when the ad doesn't say other than "V8" and THAT might not even be correct LOL. I emailed one guy said I needed to know what exact engine he had, (it was a doubled up year for Dakota, either 3.7 or 3.9) and he told me "it's a V6"

Ok, BYE!!

-
Back