Texas car wars sucks!

-

dbphemi

Reaction score
They are putting a Chevy 350 in a 1970 Dart on tonight's episode . That show sucks . I hope they get canceled . I feel better now :).

Thats how I feel about it Joe.
Even in that little place I could turn out some nice cars.

Screw the auction date rush BS

I guessing they are trying to get ratings by stiring up trouble. They build half assed cars and sell them to poor suckers who don't know any better.

Oh yea,
A 350? no way I would desicrate a Mopar like that.

A 396 or 454 maybe.

I could see putting a hemi in a Chevy just because we'll a hemi looks good in anything but a 350 in a dodge? There are probably a million 318s in junkyards that bolt right in. There is no sensible justification. The car needs to be put out of its misery !

Its crap like that that makes my job hard! We buy cars from insurance auctions after their wrecked and rebuild them and sell them. Now we only buy newer (2005+) with low miles (-50,000 usually) and we fix them right and dont hide anything about them. But now when you say you bought the car at an insurance auction people think of that crap. We dont buy from junkyards we buy from insurance lots. People dont know the difference. Also half-assed car builders trying to hide issues with cars are scaring people off from them. We sold a 2006 pontiac grand am with 64,000 miles for $6,000 and it was clean! Flawless interior and paint, great tires, fresh maintenance, everything as it should be. A couple years ago that would have been double but with people so scared of them we have to give them away. We only buy one or two a month so that overhead is low and we are able to really focus on yge car and get it fixed without overlooking anything but it sucks now.

They wound up putting a good ol Ma Mopar big block in the Dart.. No harm no foul... The producers of the show probably told that dude that the Mopar people would lynch him for putting a 350 in it... lol

... The car needs to be put out of its misery !

No, the SHOW needs to be put out of our misery.

Between Team Dart from Bull Run, my recent telephone call with one of the guys who appeared on Hard Parts South Bronx and the Desert Valley Auto disaster, reality tv is just not for me. There's more B.S. and overplayed "drama" than anything else.

Yes it is just Reality TV !
Just a bunch of made up crap.
Auctions are fake ,all cars are previously purchased by Discovery and then they dress them down and have a fake auction.
Customer of mine sold his Studebaker to them for some $$$.
I know a few people in the show and they are making some $$$.
It all about the ratings....

I too was saying WTF? But they actually ended up putting a boneyard 440 in it. The thing was trashed, and they had to pop for some machine work. The car ended up coming out pretty good.

Pat

I cought it last night and they were looking at a honda but behind it was a 69 Valiant

they ended up puttin 440&727 in all rebuilt thank u very much.not a chevy 350 after all. if u watch the whole show. hey more attention next time dphemi about postin a thread like this! i feel good they put a 440 in it.

Well i feel better now. they put out a teaser video clip on Facebook and the guy was gun ho about putting a 350 in it. i take back everything LMAO !

Two years ago at Auburn there was a 1958 Impala with a Gen 1 392 hemi engine in it. I REALLY wish I had snapped a shot of it.

Benji

I quit watching this type of reality show crap awhile ago.

EVERYTHING is staged and scripted, written and heavily edited specifically for those people that love the melodramatic crap like you see on the Jerry Springer or Maury Povich shows.

Well i feel better now. they put out a teaser video clip on Facebook and the guy was gun ho about putting a 350 in it. i take back everything LMAO !

I'm offended. You took everything back ... and yet this crappy show is still on. :-D

Oh no. They put a 440 in it with a Chevy cowl hood. None of those idiots know how to fix a vehicle....

Yeah, reality shows like that remind me of the old wrestling show on Saturday night. All staged and scripted. I watched it, but even as a child I could tell it wasn't real. Couldn't convince my grandmother of that, though. She loved that rasslin'.

I quit watching "reality tv" a few years ago. My wife still watches the Tuttles (Senior and Paulie) fight over their choppers all the time. I ask her every time, "How can you continue to watch this crap". All she says is that she likes to see the bikes they build. Funny, she's never rode a motorcycle in her life and says she would never even try. Go figure.:scratch:

-
Back