tf-2 shift kit

-

joshua dewitt

Reaction score
ahs anyone ran into where the kit states to drill the hole "r" if not there, and then it states to remove reverse check ball and states install ball on channel plate were hole "r" was drilled? this is the last of it and i"m confused... I will be running a higher that stock converter# 2200-2400 rpm.. please see pics.... it is a 1973 trans... and if I relocate ball to new drilled "r" which ball to use. the omitted #2 smaller one, or the reverse larger one?

channelplate6.png

channelplate1.png

channelplate2.png

channelplate3.png

channelplate4.png

channelplate5.png

channelplate7.png

ahs anyone ran into where the kit states to drill the hole "r" if not there, and then it states to remove reverse check ball and states install ball on channel plate were hole "r" was drilled? this is the last of it and i"m confused... I will be running a higher that stock converter# 2200-2400 rpm.. please see pics.... it is a 1973 trans... and if I relocate ball to new drilled "r" which ball to use. the omitted #2 smaller one, or the reverse larger one?

I see nowhere in the instructions that it states to drill hole "R" if it isn't there. Your plate doesn't have hole "R" so you don't have to do any mod there. That means don't drill anything and don't put a ball in it

but i will have a stall converter and states to drill. that is why im confused, sooooo do I not drill and install the large reverse ball.... or omit it? like the ball b. oh any idea what the blue spring id from on the factory valve body. found it loose after removal of the manual control valve. ( spool valve)
blue valve spring.jpg

Hole R is the little one right next to the bigger one (no little hole, no mods there)
That spring looks like the detent spring for the rooster comb.
It went in the hole and then the detent ball after.

detent.jpg

i have that spring in there, a little smaller, and black, im really lost where that flew from, I was removing the retainer for the p/r valve / etc. and the manual valve at the time. but I have those. that is why im confused?

hey atrial beast talked to jim at trans go, gave me some input, on the spring, and the drilling, thanks for your help. hope you are right about the center sealing...

hey atrial beast talked to jim at trans go, gave me some input, on the spring, and the drilling, thanks for your help. hope you are right about the center sealing...
So what did he say? I've been installing Trans-go kits the way I told you for over 20 yrs without and issue. The blue spring might be the old throttle pressure valve spring that got replaced.

that is what I think it was too, he sent me a size chart o the original springs...measured with caliper mic. and so damn close its scary. so that is what has to be. awaiting his response and not to drill plate and to the "R" ball in location.

-
Back