Thank you for the encouragment

-

67CudaBob

Reaction score
A few months back, I was looking for guidance on what I would spend to have my 67 Dart rewired under the hood, as I had major electrical meltdown, and I had zero confidence with electrical/wiring issues.

Thanks to the encouragement from a lot of you to do it myself (which ended up including pulling the dash cluster out and replacing gauges), I went for it, and got it all put back together last week and she started right up. I ran it today for a half hour and no smoke or burn smells! As soon as the salt gets washed off our roads this week here in Minnesota, she will be back in business!

You all helped me save over $1,000, but more importantly, I have some more confidence to go after whatever the next project is. Thank you all again - this is a great community of Mopar people.

All of this stuff can be intimidating. As for me the big issue (other than lack of skill LOL) is I'm getting old and more feeble

Now you can cruise down the road with confidence! Nothing beats the feeling of "I did it myself"!!

Now you can cruise down the road with confidence! Nothing beats the feeling of "I did it myself"!!

EXACTLY! Nothing worse than fear, and it is going to feel real good to run down the highway now with the new confidence that I did it myself!

I say congratulations go to yourself for putting your mind in the “I can do this” mode and getting it done! And I agree, when you need help or a tip on how to do something, there is no better group than the many great members here to get the right answer! Now, time for a celebratory burnout in that Mopar!!

Good to read so far so good! Get out driving that thing this spring/summer!

I just did the same total dash and engine harness replacement myself this winter. It was quite a PIA but it was also satisfying doing it myself (and then having the car not burn down after).

-
Back