Thanks FABO (Especially Daves69)

-

Divenut

Reaction score
Hey FABO friends,

Awhile back I posted a thread asking for some assistance in finding a local shop to assemble and set up a 742 chunk with new 4.30s and new Suregrip unit. Also on a whim, I asked if any local members with experience nearby might be willing to give me a hand. Never having built a rearend I was pretty nervous about undertaking it myself.

As always, FABO folks were helpful and responded with some local shops. And Daves69 chimed in that he was near me and would be willing to walk me through the process.

Well, we agreed to meet at his place and give it a go. I swear, Dave's garage was like a HS Shop Class and he was the instructor. He spent a weekend of his time patiently teaching me the process. Due to my total lack of experience with the process and specialty tools, Dave could have done it in a quarter of the time by himself. He is a great teacher, letting me make mistakes while not letting me F anything up.

His attention to detail was awesome, not letting me settle for "good enough". As a result we achieved textbook patterning, no weird noises or binding. And I no longer fear the dreaded chunk setup!

Still driving easy while breaking in the gears and suregrip clutches, but the car definitely is responding nicely to the 4.30's!

Dave is a class act and I could not have done it without him! I owe you big time man. Thank You!...FABO for the win!!

Be well folks,
Pat

Last edited:
Hey FABO friends,.......................
Hey Pat,
Good to hear it's working! Was happy to help.
And I thank you as well. We learned together with you project. 1....4......7 :D

Also thanks to FABO, I met a member, made a friend.

Thanks all and Cheers to ya'.......

upload_2021-11-1_7-46-37.png

My pre-hibernation project .........
upload_2021-11-1_7-57-13.png

-
Back