Thanks FABO - You never know what you have until you experience others

-

69cudaownr

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I just want to do a shout out to all of those who have responded/replied to members questions with their expertise. I recently added to our collection of vehicles. 69 Barracuda connected me to FABO 16 years ago, 67 Mustang (wife's) connected me to a Mustang forum 7 years ago and a new addition, 69 Firebird connected me to Firebird Nation two weeks ago.
The Firebird is a project car and as such I began asking for input, via the forum, for advice in problem solving, purchasing, etc. WELL let me say FABO is by far the best for members offering their advise, having great discussions and managing the idiocy of some who may want to sabotage a thread.
The Mustang forum has been pretty good, but this Firebird forum, they are horrible. You ask for input and crickets. Oh they'll chat, but not about mechanics or build. I get a feeling that all Firebird owners don't know anything about cars. They must buy them and have someone else do the repairs.
Anyway, I always knew FABO has a good thing going. But, my recent experience tells me FABO has an excellent thing going. Keep it up!!

p.s. for anyone curious. a 69 Firebird 350HO, 4 spd muncie, posi, numbers matching sleeper car, base car with an HO engine. Even the seller didn't realize he had an HO engine!! But I found it clearly stamped WN on the block, under the head. He was selling the car as a 69 350, 4spd, posi numbers matching and the seller even said, "some guys have sent me texts telling me to make sure its not an HO car. But it would have had disc brakes, HO badges and an HO hood. And who options power steering with standard brakes. It can't be an HO car" exact words!! I found the WN stamp in about 4 minutes. His loss, my gain.
p.s.s. I'll be searching for a better Firebird forum

Thanks again FABO

Any pics of the fire chicken? I’ve always liked those.

Strongly agreed. As an owner of several old Fords, I can't help but compare, and notice, the differences when I am on one of those forums versus this one.

And thus one of the main reasons I'm a FABO Gold Member.

Last edited:
Some pics

IMG_0393.jpeg

IMG_0395.jpeg

IMG_0392.jpeg

I always have thought the 1st gen Firebird was a much better looking car than the Camaro.

Awesome ..

Couldn't agree more

My "Bowtie" brother is amazed at the information sharing and support (with the required amount of ball-busting at times) here in FABO

Good words

I might be able to help with my thimble full of knowledge.

But you might as well just ask under “general discussion”

4 wheels n a motor of this vintage tend to be similar in my humble opinion

IMG_6721.jpeg

If you find a decent Firebird forum, let us know. I was a member of Trans Am Country for several years and was JDMopar there, just like everywhere else. Guys took me right in and it was slow traffic, but a good forum. I went to log in a while back, and it's gone! POOF...no more. I've got a couple of raggedy 77-78 Smokey & The Bandit Trans Ams to fix and would like to find another forum.

I research other forums for knowledge quite often. Where I live is a very diverse collection of hot rodders and we enjoy good natured ribbing of one anther brand choices.

@JDMopar if you search "Pontiac Forums", there are a lot of sites that come up that are dedicated to the Firebirds and Trans Ams as well as other Pontiacs.

Strongly agreed. As an owner of several old Fords, I can't help but compare, and notice, the differences when I am on one of those forums versus this one.

And thus one of the main reasons I'm a FABO Gold Member.
I'm on the Thunderbird forum and the Torino forum, there is no comparison to FABO for member participation from what I have found so far.

A childhood friend's husband bought a nice orange 69 Firebird convertible, with a 400, as his first collectable. He has since passed. I bet one of his kids got it, but i can't prove it.

-
Back