Thanks for hosting this site

-

RLF Cuda

Barracuda Bob
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I am relatively new to the FABO site, but I have been an A-Body owner since 1969, having purchased a 1968 Barracuda 340 Formula S from the original owner. Wow, a nearly new car with 17000 miles on it for $1700. Expensive at the time, but not when you look back on it.

I raced it extensively in So Cal. Great time to have a fast car. It turned [email protected] for its best time with 3.55 gears, and H70-14 retread semi-slicks I got for $25 each at a small shop in Bellflower. Over 350 runs and nothing broke, not counting the rubbler wasted on the street.

glad I still have it. It is now under restoration with the engine, trans, interior done. Waiting to get the paint done. It was and always will be Black on Black. I had Cragers on it, but I cannot decide what I want to put on it after the paint is done. Maybe Torque Thrust.

Comments welcome.

I am a chemist with many years experience formulationg engine oils while at Chevron. Now I work in the synthetic fuels area where I am developing technology to convert any resource (biomass, coal, natural gas, etc) into synthetic diesel and jet fuel. The fuel I made first flew in a B52 in Sept 2006. It has been an experience working with the military certifying synthetic jet fuel for use in all aircraft, military and commercial.
Looking forward to posting picutres of the Cuda when it is done.
Regards,
Bob

Let me be the first to welcome you to FABO !!! We also have a '68 Formula S 'Cuda 340,and love it !!

Welcome to the site Bob, pictures during restoration are always appreciated here. Convinces the guys that there is an end to the dark tunnel.:iconbigg:

Welcome to the site.
Where in Cali did you race ? Orange county, Lyons ?
My vote for rims..Stay with the Cragers or steel wheels.
Leave the Torque Thrust for the chebby guys.

Wow, black on black cuda, Darth Vader's car, ok twist my arm I will look at pictures of your car!!

Welcome to FABO RLF Cuda!

You will enjoy this site - There are lots of great people and information

Like to see some pictures of your car. Do you have any of racing back in the day? - We love pictures!

Enjoy the site!

Ma Snart

My 67 Cuda for your viewing pleasure - more pictures in my gallery

Attachments

• B3 Wheelie Mopare Muscle.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 152
Welcome to FABO, Bob! You're going to have fun here.
I bought your 'Cuda's cousin back in '69 here in SoCal - a 3-month old '69 340 Dart Swinger. And, like you, I raced it fairly extensively at OCIR. Stupidest thing I ever did was sell that car.
I'm currently in build mode with my "new" '69 Dart that's going to be an updated version of my old Dart.
Again, welcome to FABO.

Welcome to FABO Bob! I haven't had my '68 Fastback quite as long as you have -- only about 21 years -- but admire anyone who loves and keeps a car that long.

I had so many people thinking it was a Chevy from my Torque Thrust IIs that I had to paint it a factory 1970 LimeLight. << pokin Johnny Dart >>

Anyway, make yourself at home and share your progress with us as it occurs. Can't wait to see it! :-D

Welcome to the greatest car site in the world. :cheers:

-
Back