That flat silver on a '69 grill

-

swinger1969

Repeat Mopar guy
Reaction score
I'm redoing a grill for my '69 Swinger and I want to redo the flat silver part on the lower part of the grill above the bumper. It's the same finish as the center "bar" that goes across the grill. Is this a special "texture" silver paint or will any flat silver work? Thanks!

I'm redoing a grill for my '69 Swinger and I want to redo the flat silver part on the lower part of the grill above the bumper. It's the same finish as the center "bar" that goes across the grill. Is this a special "texture" silver paint or will any flat silver work? Thanks!
Dupli-Color "Aluminum" It looks goooood!

i have tried 4 or 5 different ones and can't seem to find one that doesn't have some shine.
...the original color was very flat almost like primer and has no texture..

Eastwood makes a flat aluminum paint that comes in a can or in spray cans that is a very close match to the original. I used it when I restored my 1969 Dart Swinger 340 a few years back..

The paint I mentioned is only aluminum in color. It seemed quite durable when I used it. Check with Eastwood if you have questions about durability.

... aluminum is usually quite soft.
how durable is the Eastwood stuff?
Dupli-Color "Aluminum" isn't spray-on aluminum. It's paint that looks like aluminum. It's just as durable as any other paint. I've used it many times.

You can also get close to the color with Mopar's Argent Silver wheel paint. Not exact, but close. It has a light bit of texture/flake to it, but it still looks good if the grille and headlight bezels are all painted to match.

Not positive about your 69 but I found Duplicolor silver metallic acrylic lacquer # DAL 1679 to be a perfect match on my '72 Demon grill.
Yote

-
Back