That has to hurt!!!

-

1970Duster

Reaction score
Just, Damn..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwA5Oh8DHvA"]Lindsey Vonn Crash Full Run - Ski World Championships Austria 2013 (HD) - YouTube[/ame]

Yeah but at least she'll be all healed up for the 2014 winter games

Yeah but at least she'll be all healed up for the 2014 winter games

I don't know if anyone can recover from something like that and be Olympic quality again.

I heard on the news she fractured her tibia right below the knee... Damn, can you imagine the stress on the bone there to do that? I can't even imagine the pain....

I wish her the best and I certainly do hope she recovers as fully as humanly possible. She's a tough cookie and she's powered though some injuries before.

I just heard on the news that she vows to be back next year! Man she's tough (and beautiful).

Attachments

• Lindsey-Vonn3.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 131
Yeah I believe she is done in. Pushed her too hard and she broke, well she has broken enough records

She is going to get out of shape laying around and you are getting older everyday. Oh sure she be skiing again but smashing records, I don't think so

Outstanding skier! Tough to watch video - looks like her tibia broke when she landed after getting some air.
Tough road back after that injury.

Yeah I believe she is done in. Pushed her too hard and she broke, well she has broken enough records

She is going to get out of shape laying around and you are getting older everyday. Oh sure she be skiing again but smashing records, I don't think so

I agree with you but I hope I'm wrong. She'll certainly be skiing again, but if she wins the Super G or Women's Downhill next year, I'll be very, very suprised.

Outstanding skier! Tough to watch video - looks like her tibia broke when she landed after getting some air.
Tough road back after that injury.

I used to ski quite a bit back in the day and that tape just made me cringe. Like you say, it looks as though one ski turned out when she got some air and she came down on the edge. A skiiers nightmare if I ever saw one. :angry7: She's a pro through and through and air like that slows a skier down and racers always try to keep the skis in contact with the snow. I think she just didn't expect it and physics did the rest. I wouldn't be suprised if she was going close to 60 mph when that happened.

Don't forget, even if physical she makes a full recovery, mentally she isn't going to be able to push it to the max anymore.

We will see, maybe she will prove us wrong..then again maybe next time she really get hurt--or killed.

Did anybody see about this lady skier on holiday in Colorado. She stop to clean her goggles and another lady slam in to her and killed her..awful, just happen the other day

Skier from Pennsylvania hit while cleaning goggles, dies
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/report-skier-from-pennsylvania-hit-while-cleaning-goggles-dies

-
Back