That was the singleost horrifying experience ever!

-

dmopar74

Reaction score
First time installing glass
IMG_20240830_160819718.jpg

Im seeing a glass pane, still in one piece.... you are miles ahead of me lol.

What I always use is a good brand 30 year clear silicone caulk. I put it on last though. I cut the tip small, stick it under the outside edge of the seal and go all the way around with a bead with the tip under that outer seal edge. Never had a leak.

He is miles ahead of Grizzly glass in Hayden, IDaho. I had the 74 Scamp out there FOUR TIMES after the initial install and it still leaks, and they destroyed the rear gasket. What that had--after a roof replacement---was essentially a brand new car on the assembly line to work with. I, or someone, will now have to remove the glass, again, finish destroying the were brand new gaskets, order new ones and then find someone else who claims to know how to do this

Sorry to hear that Del. I’ve did a couple years ago on the back and I even removed 1or 2 from other cars. I done a few windshields too. Not really very hard at all. Work slowly and carefully. U can do it Del. A helper will come in handy if u can find one. Kim

A little cleaning and beating the trim on with a hammer and paint stick, new trim clips are beefy and didn't want to play nice. Still have to reclean the glass
IMG_20240830_195537077_HDR.jpg

Front glass installed today, that front lock strip ain't no joke! Of course to get the glass in I had to have fun with the wiper linkages and reinstall the dash.
IMG_20240831_174150401_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240831_174159955_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240831_194649765_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240831_194705200_HDR.jpg

The lock strip takes a special little tool. Is that what you used? Makes it very easy to do.

If you are near North Georgia Call Southern Auto Glass in Dawsonville! These Guys were salivating over installing my front and rear glass in the 69 Fastback Fish!

Guy came over to the house and took at least 30 pics prior to starting. Called his Boss and said I can do it! He got the go and allowed me to assist! He made it so easy
and only one bone tool for both the front and rear. As you may Know the rear on any 60's era Barracuda is a tough cookie! The 67 to 69 the easier!

Well we almost lost the rear into the back floor but managed to save it! Once secured we breathed easy and slipped the rest the gasket around the glass!
What a relief Miller Time! He got a great tip and much praise!

Do you have a pic of this magic tool? I need to replace the glass in my Swinger :)
Sure. Lisle #47000. Make sure to keep it lubed with automotive window cleaner. The household stuff makes a greasy mess.
LOCK STRIP TOOL.jpg

I agree.
I'd rather install a rear glass than a windshield. It is really hard to break a rear glass compared to the front.

Only tool Southern used on my fish front and rear. To both seat the glass and set the lock strip. He left it with me.

IMG_4281.JPG

-
Back