The “Ugly Torquer” intake

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
My son got this ugly thing on a 340 He bought years ago. Talking about an ugly intake. I swear someone buried it in their backyard for 30 years. All in all for the little bit of time I spent on it she ended up
Flowing pretty good.

IMG_2057.jpeg

IMG_2056.jpeg

IMG_2055.jpeg

IMG_2054.jpeg

IMG_2053.jpeg

IMG_2052.jpeg

IMG_2051.jpeg

Man i have never seen soo much pitting on a intake... nice job on the porting :)

Looks like it was stored next to the half-opened pool chemicals in a leaky shed next to a PG&E plant. Yikes.

At Edelbrock they don't know how to spell , so it's actually a Torker.

PBR, what's your overall opinion of Torquer? they get a bad rep but I also figure its early technology. As I understand it though they were a low rise single plane designed to fit under a hood of a street car.

PBR, what's your overall opinion of Torquer? they get a bad rep but I also figure its early technology. As I understand it though they were a low rise single plane designed to fit under a hood of a street car.

I’d like to work on a second generation one to see if they are a hair better. But then again I’d like to play with an old Port A Sonic too. I ran 11.82 with one out of the box on a 340 back in the late 1970’s.

I’d like to work on a second generation one to see if they are a hair better. But then again I’d like to play with an old Port A Sonic too. I ran 11.82 with one out of the box on a 340 back in the late 1970’s.
Wanna mess with a Cleveland Port O Sonic?

No slant heads. No Cleveland stuff. Prejudice much? LMAO

No not really. I’ve done fords and may be doing another one. Hopefully soon LS heads but I’ve done Chevy Dart heads and AFR 220 heads and even a Volkswagen head but I’m going to cut back some.

-
Back