the 12 month mark

-
I will be looking for it in my NAPA calendar I get every year, wow!! Awesome build =P~
and to get this dun on your spare time :cheers:
Tell your friend the AAR Cuda is perfect and outstanding 8)
Super bird is a dandy and I believe that is the original color fanofpetty , Congratulations :cheers:

Where did you get the cool "340" decal on the air cleaner from? I like that :glasses7:

Can't wait to see these in person, other than sitting on my motorcycle on the side of rte 20 with my mouth open as you went by with the superbird :)

Can't wait to see these in person, other than sitting on my motorcycle on the side of rte 20 with my mouth open as you went by with the superbird :)
next time just flag me down! LOL ! Mopar Missy, I have not heard any dates yet, for the mopars at the Valley.

Fanopetty, I have admired your duster before, but just read the complete build thread. The car is a piece of mopar muscle art! Wow, what a nice job you did on it. I was just wondering what color you actually put on the car. It looks different on my computer screen in different shots, sometimes a little more green in the yellow and other times, more yellow. Just curious, as my original 72 was lemontwist, but is looonnng gone.

Fanopetty, I have admired your duster before, but just read the complete build thread. The car is a piece of mopar muscle art! Wow, what a nice job you did on it. I was just wondering what color you actually put on the car. It looks different on my computer screen in different shots, sometimes a little more green in the yellow and other times, more yellow. Just curious, as my original 72 was lemontwist, but is looonnng gone.
The color is FJ5 lime green, in PPG base clear. Thanks for the compliment !!

did you weld on your sub frame connectors when the car was a bare shell?

i have been wondering if i should install sub-frame connectors on a 72 dart im working on that is a bare shell now or should i wait till its more assembled.

i was going to paint it underneath like you did yours so in a way, welding in the connectors later will form a problem with the paint process but im just curious on the order of operation you did yours

did you weld on your sub frame connectors when the car was a bare shell?

i have been wondering if i should install sub-frame connectors on a 72 dart im working on that is a bare shell now or should i wait till its more assembled.

i was going to paint it underneath like you did yours so in a way, welding in the connectors later will form a problem with the paint process but im just curious on the order of operation you did yours
Rani, I fabricated the frame connectors myself, from what started out as 3" X 2" heavy wall tubing, cutting them to the shape of the floor pan ( just like the boughten ones) I tacked them in place with the car sitting on its wheels ( full weight) and then later, when I disassembled the car, and mounted it on the rotesseri, I rolled it upside down and welded them in fully. then the bottom of the car was primed/ painted, on the rotesseri.

some drag strip action......

Attachments

• DSC01671-Ti (Large).jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 136
  • DSC00812%20(2)-Ti (Large).jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 153
  • DSC00851%20(2)-Ti (Large).jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 141
  • 941271_601732236512917_607091924_n.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 140
  • 943338_601729419846532_2038610665_n.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 151
  • 379587_601742449845229_780895801_n.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 148
What did it run at the track?
this past summer was my first time racing it, so it took a couple times to get things sorted out. It ran a 12.71 quarter, but it is not hooking very well yet, so with some new drag radials, I think I will see low 12's. Not bad for a stock bottom end 340 car with full interior.

-
Back