the 273 club

-
Heres another 273 post for you new guys. toolmanmike

Does anyone have a picture to show the difference between the 63 and 64 firewalls to clear the distributor for a v8? I have a 63 Dart and would like to see how big the dimple in the firewall is to allow a v8 to fit my car. I hear it doesn't take a lot of room but I haven't seen the difference between the two to judge what the clearance needs to be. If anyone has pictures of both or just the 64 I can compare it to mine.

Here are pix of my 28,000 mi survivor 67 273 barracuda.

First 3 are prior to my purchase. #4 is at carlisle 7/08

cuda1(600 x 450).jpg

cuda2(600 x 450).jpg

cuda3(600 x 450).jpg

cuda4 (600 x 450).jpg

cuda5 (600 x 450).jpg

Here's my little 273, 4bbl, headers, -half- open exhaust's (nice 'big' sound for a 273) and I believe just a normal cam. Don't know the timings and stuff.

10 years ago the engine was rebuild by the prev. owner, and was never started when it was done.
It started very nicely 8)

2007_0610Suburban0012.jpg

Sit's in a '68 Barracuda.

2007_0610Suburban0009.jpg

And yes !

I believe ( like 99% ) it's the orginal engine in this thing.
It's a car made in Antwerp, Belgium, and was made for the Dutch market.
( so ít's an orginal Dutch car, wich is pretty unique on itself, and especially in this state, rock solid ! )

I did'nt check the vin yet ( darn thing seems like it doens't recogninze the vin, but im probably doing something wrong ) .
But the Belgiums probably messed around and just scooped the engine in without checking.

But sooner or later the 273 is coming out, and probably a Hemi or a Big Small block is coming in there :toothy10:
But no plannings on selling the little engine ! I love that little troublemaker :-D

Thats a beautiful car Shev Ed! You got any more pictures of that thing? Would love to see them. Oh if you post the fender tag in another thread, someone here will be able to decode it for you.

No pictures of the engine compartment but here is my 65 Barracuda just as I bought it with a 273 2 barrel with a dual exhaust. No oil pressure at idle so a rebuilt 66 273/235 motor gonna replace it. Eventually my son who lives in the Netherlands is getting it as his inheritance.

IMG_0715.jpg

IMG_0713.jpg

Shev Ed,

I was thinking of adding a power brake booster on my '67 cuda. How hard is it to change the spark plugs with the booster in the way?

Rob

No problem at all.

I only had 1 issue with the left rear (also on the booster side) plug.

The header is somewhat fold over their, but the booster isn't the problem.

No hard time changing the plugs at all.

( gotta take more picture's of it, these are now 1,5 years old and some pic's are smaller now, and I can't make them bigger anymore )

But the car is in maintanance (or something like that) now, so can't take 'pretty' picture's of it :-D

Overhauling the brake's, rear axle, shock's, steering things, and a few 'spots' on the body :happy10:

So that car is in really bad shape now :-D

-
Back