The 66 Charger I stole!

-
Wow the Charger looks great. And love the scenery. You should buy him a passenger side mirror so that it is symetrical from the front

I have looked at Indy. They have a stroker kit and I can't remember what everything was or cost. I do remember it would get 11.5 to 1 not 9.5 I have now. I have to find someone good to send my heads to as well.

Use 20cc dish pistons and with the 65cc heads you have and a 0.040 gasket you will be easily running on 93 pump gas. That is basically what my 416 has and it is (was) 10.0 - 1. You can prolly get by with a cast crank but I suggest Scat H beam rods and good bolts.

Biggest question is where are you gonna get the block machined locally? I have heard that even Dennis Mitchell sends blocks out but don't know where.

If you are also going to change your heads or get them reworked to change the cam (why?) get ahold of Milke at MRL. I am finding him to be a great guy to work with.

Since I am making a pretty big cam change I am just getting a new set of heads that match that cam and will keep the ones I was running for the 340 and either keep the cam in the 340 that Zak had put in or put in the Comp PP 508 that was in the 416, or possibly another stroker build - from a 360 block I have.

You never drove my fish but I can tell you that the difference between the 340 and the 416 was dramatic. May be a little less than from a 360 but probably not much difference judging from how we ran together before.

Stop talking and start doing - you will not regret!

I am getting a bigger cam. I am going to set up in the .500 range lol. I have been checkin out MRL. I want my eddie's ported and polished and gasket match the intake. I'm prolly going with a fordged and balanced bottom end to. I would rather spend the money this time. The 360 now just has the stock crank and rods. Its a very calm warmed up motor. It did dyno 300 at the wheels. I put 3k in it last time. I will prolly put more in it this timelol. But then I had also thought about a 400 stroker? I already have to get a new trans so why not put a 498 in it?

That PP 508 was a pretty good street / strip cam. It is still in excellent condition as it was nitrided and broke in properly. There were a few lifters that had collapsed from the motor being stored with the rockers still bolted on. I bot a set of new comps from R&R and won't need them cause I bot a set of MRL solid rollers. Will sell you that cam and the new lifters for $150 if that is the cam you want. Do you already have 1.5 roller rockers?

In a couple weeks you can come by and see what a set of MRL P/P eddy heads look like compared to the P/ P eddy heads I had on the stroker before. It dyno'd at 495HP with the old heads / cam. If you wanted to send your heads to MRL I will have the packing materials when the new ones show up so you can send yours off. The old heads will prolly go onto the 340 which I suspect also had a purple 508 cam but not sure. It had the same kind of power band as the stroker, about the same kind of idle, just less torque throughout. You will probably need to change springs but I would just ask Mike and let him do his thing - I am. He is very reasonable IMO and also a great guy to work with.

You still won't beat me though even if you take out the baby seat. You are gonna need 275s to even get close.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=DUUbc5nCJCY[/ame]

You like the baby seat don't you lol. I have 1.5 rollers on it now. What did MRL charge to p/p your heads? Now if I go with a 498 big block ill do it with iron heads. Ill try to keep it as stock looking as I can. I'm still trin to get in the 7s like it is. I'm tying the frame and a couple little other things by the next time I go back to the track. No stall untill I figure out which way I'm going to know which stall to get.

Well guys my dad drove the Charger this weekend. He never had a clue about the car leaving!

Good job bamamopar, Your dad will enjoy seeing these for sure.
You get a good son alert from this ol fart , my sons are 30 and 32.
I am glad this turned out well and everything went as planed :cheers:

Good job bamamopar, Your dad will enjoy seeing these for sure.
You get a good son alert from this ol fart , my sons are 30 and 32.
I am glad this turned out well and everything went as planed :cheers:

Thanks I did have one small problem with it. I posted the pics on facebook. My dad doesn't have a facebook. Well my mom does so I made a call and said don't let him on facebook lol. I am also having problems not talking to him about taking pics and getting it out and driving it. But I think he will love the pics.

Well I gave my dad his framed pics of the Charger. He said I knew my car had been moved! It was a couple on inches closer to the wall than he had parked! He loved and said I'm taking this to work to let everyone to see. So thanks for all the help! Thanks Mark

-
Back