the 67 Dart is apart !!!

-
I have the same heater delima in my Dart. Aftermarket will have to be the way to go. My 54 Studebaker had the heater under the seat, as it had a V8 that used most of the engine compartment. Were we live, a defroster is pretty manditory for cooler weather. Howard (still looking for good ideas).

I will be using a universal fuse block and making my own harness up when the time comes. I'll be writing some stuff up and taking lots of pictures for that part of the resto

Sweet I did my own for my Manx (VW). I ended up using a GM style fuse block and sweet WeatherPak disconnect for the engine. Makes pulling the motor a breeze. Also I soldered all the connections and made sure to use marine style heat-shrink tape where ever I could. Check this out
http://www.musclemotorsports.com/1612423361.html
http://www.thehoffmangroup.com/keepitclean/

I have the same heater delima in my Dart. Aftermarket will have to be the way to go. My 54 Studebaker had the heater under the seat, as it had a V8 that used most of the engine compartment. Were we live, a defroster is pretty manditory for cooler weather. Howard (still looking for good ideas).

the weather is the same here although not quite as rainy ... here is what I am going to order and try ... they also make a difuser that put the heat to defroster ducts but I will be making my own out of sheet metal so I can use the factory control to choose heat and defrost. My design will also use a heater water valve mounted inside the car to stop the flow of hot water when it is not needed. I'll be posting some pics as the heater comes together, but as you can see I am pretty from needing a heater :-D

http://store.summitracing.com/egnse...4500+115+4294839041&NeXID=5&Ntk=KeywordSearch

finally got the meats under the car .... working on the alterkation this week then on to the roll bar ....
003-6.jpg

004-7.jpg

010-5.jpg

009-6.jpg

Pics of the torsion bar Alterkation. This baby bolted together like butter .... smooth ... now I have to get the front tires mounted to the rims and mock up the motor and trans .....

015-2.jpg

016-2.jpg

019-1.jpg

018-2.jpg

What a bad 67! Dang man. I Love that car. What to go all the way man! One day I'll have the chance to do that. One day. Looks like it oughta handle purdy good:)

Nice thread,your doing one helluva job!Did you win the lottery?Things can,t be bad on your side of town!LOL!Keep up the great work and am looking forward to more progress!:clock:

Hey 68_val_sedan or anyone:
I noticed that you added in the center console brackets, how did you come up with the placement, or did you have the dimensions where to mount it.

Mike

Very Sweet I Have Rear Door Panels If U Need Them I Beleive They Will Fit Checkem Out On My Parts List Theres Picks There In Perfect Shape U Could Redo The Paint And Perfect But Very Nice Anyways

BITCHIN'...thats all I can say. I love this car. What a great car to start with and work is going nicely.

With all the work I'm going thru to put the stock wheel wells and frame rails back in a 67 GTS Dart. This makes me i'll to see a perfect uni body cut up like this. I know it's yours to do with what you want, But!

Looks like your doing a great job. Looks like some pretty spendy parts going into the project. Should be a great looking and going ride when done. Keep up the good work and keep us posted.

-
Back