The Ax Has Fallen...

-

2shelbys

Reaction score
We are losing 17 dealerships in Maryland. The dealership I used to work for and all of the ones I have friends at are safe. I talked to the owner of the one I worked for and he said that while pretty much everything is up in the air, no one expects there to be any cuts in the Challenger line and the convertible will probably still see the light of day. Whew!

I hope so........it's gonna be one of the few guaranteed cash cows for what's left of Chrysler........

My son-in-law is a maintenance chief in NY at a good sized dealer, but they're in an obscure location.........We're waitin' to hear the news.............

That news blows. The bad thing is, it's probably going to get even worse.
As sad as it is for those losing jobs or dealerships it did need to happen. They have too many dealerships competing with each other. Here in Baltimore there are something like 4 times as many Chrysler, Jeep, and Dodge dealerships as there are Toyota, Nissan, and Honda and all those dealerships have to have inventory. Streamlining the network will help. There are even more GM dealerships.

Anyone know if there's a list for Canadian defunct-to-be dealers?

I have a friend who works for one in my town.

Thanks.

As sad as it is for thoes losing jobs or dealerships it did need to happen. They have too many dealerships competing with each other. Here in Baltimore there are something like 4 times as many Chrysler, Jeep, and Dodge dealerships as there are Toyota, Nissan, and Honda and all those dealerships have to have inventory. Streamlining the network will help. There are even more GM dealerships.

Agreed, this has to happen to reel everything in some what.

Just heard there will be 5 dealerships closed here in AZ.

Very sorry for the people losing their jobs :cry:

Here is our news here in Arkansas.I live in Region 8 area.
LITTLE ROCK, AR (KAIT) - Chrysler LLC has told a bankruptcy court it plans to eliminate 789 of its dealers - including eight from Arkansas and one in Region 8.

An exhibit filed Thursday in its bankruptcy court case in New York names the dealerships. In Osceola, Louis George Motor Co. is on the list of dealerships Chrysler wants to close but that doesn't sit well with owner Danny George.

"We've been here 71 years, we've stuck with them through thick and thin, bought bonds and everything to keep them afloat. I don't think its right," said George.

He also expressed concern about his inventory, since Chrysler notified him that they would not be buying back their cars.

George says he plans to appeal the decision. The dealers will have a right to appeal to get off the list.

The move could have a devastating impact on cities across the U.S., costing jobs and tax revenue

It's a real shame. A lot of people will be out of work.
How much will this raise the unemployment rate!
The closest one in our area is about 3 hours away.
It's suprising, the town where I go drag racing.
Kaukauna, Wi.
The others around here are OK for now.

Sux, 40 or so of the Chrysler dealerships we take care of are going. About 3 months ago, Chrysler took over a lot of them, so it wasnt really big news. There are still a bunch of franchise dealerships left though. Chrysler is not buying back the cars, so you may be able to get a steal on a Chrysler product

The GM stores are different, most of them through attrition, small town dealerships that only sell 3 or 4 cars a month, those people and cars are being absorbed into the bigger dealerships. I think they are down to about 6,000 stores, i will have to check.

A Buddy of mine here in Kissimmee just lost his job. The dealer he worked at lost their franchise so they kept everyone in the dark and last I herd they sold the property to the County's Sherrifs Office for a repair shop. So no customers no work for the techs. Most of them left and only a couple hung in for nothing because they will be gone Soon

It's a real shame. A lot of people will be out of work.
How much will this raise the unemployment rate!
The closest one in our area is about 3 hours away.
It's suprising, the town where I go drag racing.
Kaukauna, Wi.
The others around here are OK for now.

Were you in Kaukauna on May 1st for the RSDs??

What a shame. Now people that where inclined to buy Mopar or not going out of their way to look for one. I believe once the dealers are gone Mother will Mopar will soon be next.

Ya know, I got real depressed when AMC was no more back in '87. I've always had a real soft spot for AMX/Javelins/Hornets/Rebels/ect. If Chrysler goes south, I'll actually CRY!!!

-
Back