the barracudas gone.

-

clairday modtop

there's no car like mopar
Reaction score
well i parted with my barracuda a few weeks ago and been just bord with nothing to play with. i did get me a amx parts car to toy with and a member on here hooked me up on a friend of his 71 javelin with the 304/3 speed on the floor. its not a mopar but i beleave their kin lol. heres a few pix.

!Blf!lcg!2k~$(KGrHqEH-C0EtrFJ6qq-BLb0Tj4HBw~~_12.jpg

!Blf!onwBmk~$(KGrHqYH-CYEts)V52JLBLb0Tu(tN!~~_12.jpg

!Blf!R3Q!mk~$(KGrHqMH-D0Etr2vRu!eBLb0Sj))O!~~_12.jpg

!Blf!Vn!Bmk~$(KGrHqIH-CYEtrM23LFDBLb0SwBoJw~~_12.jpg

001.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

022.jpg

006.jpg

AMC's are awesome! Always wanted to build a '73 Javelin AMX with a 401 backed by a 4spd.

The '69 SC/Ramblers and the '70 Rebel Machines are awesome too.8)

Sweet car man!

Well, the AMC and Mopar families are related by marriage, at least.. and another factor as well: the "underdog" syndrome. Mopar has always been number 3, in fanbase, aftermarket support, etc. While Chevy & Ford guys are building their cars with catalogs and credit cards, Mopar guys are crawling through junkyards.. we actually have to try, so IMO that builds a deeper appreciation for our cars, and a much greater cameraderie among us. AMC guys, more than likely, are there prowling the yards with us... and some of their cars are flat-out cool- in fact, I'd take a second-gen Javelin over an E-body.

So you went from a car that was very hard to get parts for to a car that is impossible to get parts for. You are asking for trouble. 8) I love the Javlins too.

i started it up yesterday and it ran strong but sounded like every lifter in it was taping lol.

What part of Arkansas are you from? I used to live in NW Arkansas for quite a few years. I know that there is an AMC collector in Centerton just outside of Bentonville.

so far the only part i dont have and can't find is a front bumper. i was thinking of taking a mach1 bumper and fabing it to fit. they look similer

Well, the AMC and Mopar families are related by marriage, at least.. and another factor as well: the "underdog" syndrome. Mopar has always been number 3, in fanbase, aftermarket support, etc. While Chevy & Ford guys are building their cars with catalogs and credit cards, Mopar guys are crawling through junkyards.. we actually have to try, so IMO that builds a deeper appreciation for our cars, and a much greater cameraderie among us. AMC guys, more than likely, are there prowling the yards with us... and some of their cars are flat-out cool- in fact, I'd take a second-gen Javelin over an E-body.
very well said aplus for u

I agree on what was said here! I will have to tell this to my brother and his worthless chevy friends...We Mopar guys actually have to work and build our own stuff, brand-x boys just buy their **** out of a catalog...yea, that's hard...that's why chevy and fords are a dime a dozen...well said!

Dont put a mach 1 bumber on lol!,I may be able to dig up a decent one or even a core to straighten out and paint.I love javelins (the amc engine is way underated and there heads are awesome)this is my wifes dream car,we were fortunate to actually find it locally on craigslist and it was for sale by a woman so it was meant to be.Its had some extensive metal work since then.Enjoy that thing and if you need any website suggestions or performance ideas feel free to pm me.

Copy (2) of javelin 1.jpg

P1010433.jpg

how nice of a bumper do you want? i have one that's banged up but it would work and it has the bumperettes.

sweet javelin lead69. well im goint to paint the bumper to match the car so dings and rust is fine. even if i have to strighten it a bit. you got any pix of it drunkerthenyou?

This thread is cool! I spent my 'tween years in the back seat of a 1969 Javelin SST; I've owned 6 Javelins/AMXs, between my father, brother, and myself we have owned 11; RedHeaded StepChild is a 1971 Jav; if I can help any of you guys, just shout out!

i miss the barracuda but i'll b ok lol. i got sons that are going tobe teens soon so mopars will always be in the driveway. i got plans for the javelin.

-
Back