I found these videos looking up a car I owned that I was thinking about

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

015.jpg

016.jpg

Wow! Thanks for sharing. Where did all those song writers go. Imagine if they wrote a song like that for today’s cars?

Hmmmmm! “ yo! Ya start with parts from overseas…. Not saying exactly where. Add in some chemicals and special tees. Some hip hop, some crop and 20” rollers…..”. Well you get it.

I miss those simpler days. People actually believed in things other than the little boxes between their hands.

thanks again for sharing.

By the early 70s, they must have decided to save some money on that rust proofing. Or maybe they just had crappy materials. In 1972, I remember someone that had a 68 Charger with rusted out lower quarters.

By the early 70s, they must have decided to save some money on that rust proofing. Or maybe they just had crappy materials. In 1972, I remember someone that had a 68 Charger with rusted out lower quarters.
The tanks were refilled with salt water in the 60's

I really like that finished 2 door at the end. I don't even know what Plymouth it is.

I'm a little confused. As I understand it, the first unibody Plymouth was the 62, a couple hundred pounds lighter than the 61. The 61 is a full frame car....... I think.

1960 all Chrysler Corporation cars went to unibody. Imperial was separate then.

Plymouth was the test mule for new innovations. Once it won over in Plymouth, it got transferred to other makes.

Notice that the guys painting only had a mask(bra) over their noses?

Loved the ditty!

Also agree on dipping bodies - did they quit later? My 67 b body and 70 e body don't appear to have been dipped.

Had '65 and '73 beetle's and both were definitely dipped - almost appear to have been dipped in epoxy... great cars

-
Back