The car you wish you would have kept?

-
69 Nova. Original 153 4cyl car. Had I had the original engine, I would have restored it. Instead, I stuck a blueprinted 350 HP 396 in it. Turbo 350 with 3.73 gears. That was a fast, reliable car.

74 Plymouth duster ... was a slant six car but had been v8 swapped with a 1978 360 from an aspen.

The car was just mean and consistently beat my dads 69 340 cuda on 1/4.

I wish I could get it back. .... that particular car not just any duster

74 Plymouth duster ... was a slant six car but had been v8 swapped with a 1978 360 from an aspen.

The car was just mean and consistently beat my dads 69 340 cuda on 1/4.

I wish I could get it back. .... that particular car not just any duster[ /QUOTE]
Bought brand new 68 form S fastback w/ the 383 roadrunner engine, not many made, it was almost uncontrollable!! 69 cornet RT-440 4 speed, 66 hemi belvedere-changed over to a 67 belvedere ( class purposes back then), another 66 satellite.

1978 Jeep CJ7, 258, 3 spd., 3" suspension & 2" body lift, headers with a custom built dual exhaust that would pop smoke rings out both sides in the right weather (I swear it!), etc etc - traded it in on a brand new 1989 Chevy S10 4x4 - :BangHead: - really went the wrong way financially that day... :BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:
the "Hairy Canary"
jeep1.jpg

I can't narrow that down really. The 73 Challenger was the most fun. The tan Super Bee is still in town.
TMM SuperBee 1b.jpg
My 69 coronet 1a (2).jpg
041.jpg

I had an RT exactly like this....makes me sick every single time I see one like it...ugh :BangHead: :BangHead:

Not 1 of my brighter moments to sell it....duh' duh' dumb!!!

0305155_2z-1970_Dodge_Challenger_RT_Convertible-Rear_Drivers_Side_View.jpg

First, 1969 Corvette, second, 1972 Duster, third, 1973 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus. Attached pic is a clone to the one I had.

'73 Satellite Sebring Plus.JPG

Last edited:
I'll give you 2 weird ones. A '70 Barracuda Gran Coupe and a '76 Dodge Aspen Coupe (SE maybe?). Both had 318's, floor column autos, buckets. Both had great interiors, but both were rust buckets living on the salt roads of Upstate N.Y. Wish I could have afforded to get them off the road and try to restore them. Shoulda, coulda, woulda!

My first real car I bought in 1987 at 16, for 2K, 340 4speed, 508/292 cam, torker ll intake, headers and Mallory dual point, I put 3.91's in it shortly after I bought it to replace the 3.23's. A lot of stop light and late night street fun with that car.

swinger.jpg

First care 67 coronet 500 318 air pwr brks and stearing. 2 car 67 coronet r/t 413 transplant 4.30 gears and 4 speed.

First complete body/paint I did in 1983. (Same year i got my 67 notch 273 out of boneyard) 69 GTO, 400,turbo 400, 12 bolt posi. Put sixpack on it. Probably miss the Prom Queen that spent a lot of time in it,more.....LOL

My high school car, a 1966 Formula S Barracuda w/4speed. Blew the 273 motor by missing a 2-3 shift with that crappy Inland shifter, replaced it with a 318 and added a Hurst Comp Plus shifter. Terrible gas mileage, had to trade it for a Toyota that doubled my gas mileage -- hey it was the gas crunch '70's. I recently found a replacement - '66 with 273 and 4 speed, and another crappy Inland shifter!

I miss my '75 Dart Sport the most. It was given to me by my father (R.I.P. Dad!) while I was in college... made a lot of great memories with that car, should have been many more but it was stolen from a theatre parking lot while I was inside watching a movie with friends. Gutted.

75dave.JPG

1968 RT Charger 440, 4spd, dana, silver, black stripes and top.

1971 RT Challenger 340 auto, orange, black stripes and top (traded this even up for the '69 Formula S (BB) I have now and a '66 Satellite track car body)

'71 'Cuda..EV2,340 4gear,billboards and nearly every option.It was gorgeous but one of my least favorites.
I wish i still had it because of it's value.

many, but one for sure w as nothing special... bout '95-6... I bought 2 64 Savoys, rollers, parted one which was totally restoable, the other I pulled the slant, dropped in a 440 with 4 speed, changed the rear to a 66 b 8 3/4, added a v8 k and new suspension. had it running, yard driving, sold it cause nobody liked them back then! ha .. how do I spell stupid!!
still a cool hotrod to me

I had a red '66 Mustang Fastback. Originally a 6cyl auto car, I converted to a 302 3-speed manual.
Sold it in the mid 80's for $2500.

Stupid, Stupid, Stupid !

feb 69 drove 69 yellow superbee 4 speed off dealers lot with 6 miles on it restore and refurbishe a few since but it just aint the same also a new 70 Camaro a nearly new boss2 the 1st era the second time around a new gt mustang 06 a new 13 rt 6 speed challenger
DSCN0447.JPG

1969 Road Runner Airtemp ac, 383/727, cruise control , upgraded interior... f8 green. Had all the hardware, to clone a A12 car. Storage issues,1991....

What's the one car you've had that you wish you still had?
And go...
My 81 Diesel Rabbit: You couldnt speed in that car on the fwy as it refused to go faster than 65 mph (55 w/AC on) and it got about 45MPG, suprisingly roomy inside "the box" as the doors were about 3 inches thick. Most all my other cars were driven into the ground for no resale value.

My 81 Diesel Rabbit: You couldnt speed in that car on the fwy as it refused to go faster than 65 mph (55 w/AC on) and it got about 45MPG, suprisingly roomy inside "the box" as the doors were about 3 inches thick. Most all my other cars were driven into the ground for no resale value.

-
Back