The Cuda's coming out of hibernation this year.

-

BARRACUDA340S

Reaction score
It's been a long time since I've been on the forum. I've been pretty busy the last 4 years. I finally have time to spend on the Cuda. To be honest prior to last night I hadn't even looked at it for 18 months. My buddy's been storing it for me and starting it once a month.

I have some work ahead of me to get it back in shape. The last time I had it out the tranny was giving me problems finding gears so I'm going to pull it and rebuild it.

The TTI headers need to come out and be polished or replaced, not sure yet.

Gota put a new headliner in and my dash pad cracked.

I'm sure I'll run in to other issues but thats half the fun.

I'm going to have to re-train myself on tuning and wrenching. I went searching for a new clutch online and I've seem to forgotten what clutch I put in the car??? LOL

Should be interesting to say the least.

Thanks!

I've never raced the car as it sits now.

The last time it when down the strip I had a 4150 Holley built by Pro Systems and a M1 single plane intake. My dyno numbers where with combo also.

That combo never worked, the car laid down shortly after lauching. The carb was supposed to be set up for the combo I had but no amount of tuning seemed to help. Bottom line is once the carb finally cleaned out the suspension was unloaded and I spun the slicks through the 1/8th. I have it on video. I couldn't believe it.

I managed a 11.10 with a 2.02 60ft at 128 mph. I'd have to get my old time slip out but that should be close. I think the car did 130+ on one pass but I can't remember for sure. My 60ft times were 1.54 with the old set up. The car should run a 10.60 ish.

The end result of 6 passes was 10 bent wheel studs; banana'd perches and damage to the right rear quarter of my $13,000 paint job. Needless to say I quit racing the car.

I've got too much motor for a leaf spring car and don't want to hack the car up in any way so it's strictly street duty from here on out.

Thanks! I appreciate it.

Take a look at my avatar.

It's the same car.

I think I was the third or fourth member here????

AdamR can probably tell us.

Thanks! I appreciate it.

Take a look at my avatar.

It's the same car.

I think I was the third or fourth member here????

AdamR can probably tell us.

Wasn´t that Cuda published in a article in Mopar Muscle Mag or
Mopar Action?

Cool, I believe I got that issue of Mopar Mag saved in my collection of Magazines.
Got any more pic of your Fastback?

Good to see you back in the game. I'm pretty sure it was your artcle that referenced this website and got me lurking here for a while!

Grant

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet B'cuda ya got there! =P~ Let's hear some more about the combo making so much power. :cheers:

Wylde1.

Thanks!

My memory isn't what it used to be but I'll give a run down on the motor.

12.1 comp

Indy 360-2 CNC ported heads. (I had a guy from Moparts assemble them) Can't remember his name but I think it was Ryan???? I got 125 HP with these heads vs ported Edelbrocks.

Indy Intake with a Turtle and 1" HVH spacer

Bigs 1050 dominator stage 7

MSD mech dist

Solid lift cam designed by Scott Brown

I believe my rods and crank are Eagle pieces??

TTI step headers

I will have to do some digging to get real specific. I know the heads flowed like a mother.

I need to go back to the dyno now that I have the new intake and the dominator. I'll make more than 545 at the wheels. That old combo never did work real well.

Hey Brett,

Welcome back:cheers: Been wondering where you went. Your car has always been one of my favorites. I still haven't had a chance to use the eddy heads that were on your engine.

HOLY %$#@!!!! Where the Hell have YOU been for the, um....last 3-5 yrs.?!?!?! I hope life has been good for you. I finished my heap and believe me, I thought about your car a lot when I was doing mine.

And for all the current members, this here gentleman was member # 1 or 2 if I remember correctly...... and his car is incredible. Brett's car was my goal to try & emulate and was also the genesis of FABO.

Welcome back Dude....
:thumblef:

That's what I like to see. A car that looks fast even when it's standing still. She is Sweeeeeeet! Maybe put it in the upper right hand corner of the page.....hmmmmm.8)

Didn't the owner of this car Found FABO?

ABodies 001.jpg

Good to see old friends!

I lived and breathed the Cuda for several years. Lots of hours of joy and pain. LOL

I just needed to step away from it for a while and do other things. Now I'm getting the itch to get back in to the muscle car scene. Not like I used to but I do need to keep up with the car better than I have. Letting them sit too long isn't good.

I did not start this forum, the magazine article gives that impression. AdamR started this forum. I met Adam and MikesDuster on a different forum and we bacame friends. I think we were the first 3 members and it grew from there. My car has been lucky at getting attention over the years so when I made the magazine I wanted to make sure the forum got mentioned. My car used to be the forum "logo" car when Adam owned the forum. We had sweatshirts etc etc. It was an honor to have my car as the logo. My avatar is what we used to use I think??lol. Things change and time moves on.

I'm glad to see this forum has grown to what it is today. I can remember when there was about 15 of us that kept it going day by day. We worked hard bringing new members.

Hawaiiduster and fastback340 were there in the beginning as well. Good to see you guy's!

I'll do my best to stay in touch as I go back through and freshin up the Cuda.

Good to see you back Brett!! The last time you were on here any amount you were buying the new house and looking for a new girl. I also seem to remember you selling the Viper and buying a Lotus. Glad your getting back to the 'cuda, it would be a shame to have it become a barn find.

Jack

Hey buddy! You have a good memory! LOL

I did sell my Viper and bought a Lotus. I hated the Lotus...I sold it a month later.

I own a car dealership now. I did consulting for a few years 2006 to 2009.

I missed my Viper so I bought another one last fall.

I promise you the Cuda will never be a barn find. I'm going to be buried in it. LOL

Man I love the way your car looks!! Gorgeous color of blue. Neat reading thru this entire thread and re-newing friendships!!

-
Back