The Dart God Crys on this!

-
Only thing I see on it that makes me cringe is that god awfull wing.....

the wing, the wheels, the white on orange. the GTS badge. dont think they had GTS's in 70...well not exterior badges anyway...

I agree the wing just doesn't fit. I agree on the GTS badge. The color and wheels I wouldn't do myself but can appreciate the work and they atleast tie in together

well im also very boring as far as old muscle cars r concerned. i like to make em pretty much stock-appearing. deviating from the norm to me is blasphemy haha. im cloning my 70 to look like a stock 340 swinger, but ill have a nice 360 in there with a modern suspension. but interior/exterior appearance to me the stock high performance looks from back in the day is as cool as it gets

i can howver, appreciate the work put into a custom, just isnt my personal style

deviating from the norm is blasphemous? hmmm ok take off the tallica shirt and listen to bon jovi like everyone else since that isnt blasphemous. i do too hate the wing other than that wats wrong with it? very nice paint the white isnt a standard color but it ties in well somehow. just remove the wing and see how it looks.

im sure alot of cars have attempted to be sold on ebay lots of times owners dont get wat they want they back out or like he said dont ask just bid. ppl dont buy into that if theyre smart. but aside from the wing can you fnd anything wrong with the car?

Well the wing is hideous! #-o

And the rims are totally overdone. Orange is not a good color to have body color matching rims, and the white just makes it way too busy looking. Downright migraine inducing. Darker colors can pull off matching rims, but orange, yellow and red should be a "no-go" for matching your rim color to the body color.

But the biggest problem I have with it is they didn't even bother to paint the door jambs, engine compartment and trunk to match the exterior. The car was gold from the factory!!! You can't paint it orange without taking the damn thing apart to paint the engine compartment, jambs and trunk!!! The outside is orange, and the inside is gold. That is not a good sign.

Bottom line is, if they didn't care enough to match the door jambs to the exterior of the car, there's no way they did a quality paint job on the rest of the car. That orange paint will be falling off in no time flat, and when it does all the bondo they slapped on it will show up. With the original paint job it would probably have been a good buy, as is I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole.

wow really? he didnt take the car apart to repaint? he just painted the outside like a punk *** kid? no youre kidding! oh dear, no no no , this cant be kids know everything and do everything right the first time! so if this is true he just repainted the car to sell to make a profit? shiiiiiiiiittttttt if my internet wasnt so slow id of seen the other pics of the door jams and such. and youre right about the wheels, orange is a beautifully fantastic color, when matched with black. and that wing just has to go.

wow really? he didnt take the car apart to repaint? he just painted the outside like a punk *** kid? no youre kidding! oh dear, no no no , this cant be kids know everything and do everything right the first time! so if this is true he just repainted the car to sell to make a profit? shiiiiiiiiittttttt if my internet wasnt so slow id of seen the other pics of the door jams and such. and youre right about the wheels, orange is a beautifully fantastic color, when matched with black. and that wing just has to go.

Oh sure, its funny until you buy the car and the paint falls off a year later. #-o.

The whole thing is a hack job. I think by now everyone knows these "flippers" are out there, slapping bondo over rust and spraying paint on turds. The really sad thing is most of them are better at it than whoever did this poor car. And its a shame, since from looking at the trunk and engine compartment I would say it was probably a fairly clean car to start off with.

A lot of people don't know any better. And if its the first 70's era Mopar they're buying, its just too easy. Even if you know a little about cars, that fresh paint job can hide a lot of problems. A magnet test won't tell you everything, and a shiny coat of paint can cause you to overlook some things that can really cause you grief later.

yeah takethe Wing off and put an original grill in im cool with it maybe original ralleys but hey that took a lot of work

The wing, scoops, and orange wheels are gross.
That was a quickie respray, bondo, and fix up job.
I wouldn't touch it with a 10' pole.

well i have some tiny holes on mine i have to bondo up but theres that one big hole i haveto put metal under then a thin layer on bondo but im not using bondo to cover up just more or less to fill with a thin layer

i would do a few things different but its not like the car is butchered. anything ya don't like is easily reversed.

i guess you are all missing the real close up picture.lol that car has at least 3 gallonse of bondo in it!. look at the pic of the driver side lower quarter. the close-up one. if you look, you can see that it has so much bondo, the panel is no loger straight!.

And the rims are totally overdone. Orange is not a good color to have body color matching rims, and the white just makes it way too busy looking. Downright migraine inducing. Darker colors can pull off matching rims, but orange, yellow and red should be a "no-go" for matching your rim color to the body color.

I disagree with your comments about body colored rims !!

P8110078.jpg

P8110077.jpg

P8120088.jpg

As for the rest of your comments, you are spot on !!

paint the rims, lose the wing, ditch the gts badges, and fix the scoops, and I guess it would be drivable without undue embarrassment

and I agree body painted rims look good, just not two tone rally rims

Notice the gold paint on the engine? How did they get the accents around the holes on the rally wheels? Only in AR...

I disagree with your comments about body colored rims !!

P8110078.jpg

P8110077.jpg

P8120088.jpg

As for the rest of your comments, you are spot on !!
X2

Attachments

• 018_15A.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 140
Well the car may not be to your or my taste, but it seems to me he did a fair job of disclosure. He DID after show closeups of "the blems" and he doesn't seem to be claiming the car is something it's not.

-
Back