The Death Mobile!

-

pics are thumbnails, click images for a larger version

been working on the car, is this a surprise? ;-)

rally wheels all the way around, 14 inch.

replaced the driver side door, installed front marker lights, put patches in the fender holes for the 69 model year reflectors, still got some body filling to do on that yet.

thank you dartcuda for those words of encouragement :) I feel like I am creating a beast similar to that of a comely child, a beast only the creator can love :)

but its nice to hear words that speak otherwise too :D

Finally starting to get back to doing work on the car after relocating to central PA. I installed a new trunk seal yesterday and cleaned up the inside of the trunk and primed it, I found a rust hole above the driver side front corner of the gas tank, that will be dealt with as soon as financially feasible.

I love the old cars as it makes sitting in the trunk a hell of a lot easier.

Today I removed the console shifter and put a different console in, I returned the car to column shift, but left the console in minus the shifter to fill in the space.

images are clickable for larger versions:

I got my car into a body shop, for the first time.

I have never placed my car, or any car before it in the care of someone else for repairs. Not to say I have never let anyone else work on my car my brother and father can attest to that. However, I have never left a vehicle somewhere and let it be worked on without at the very least watching very closely...

To say I had nightmares about getting the car back in worse shape than it was in before I dropped it off would be an understatement.

never the less the hole in the trunk has been mended, and a case of quarter rot was nipped off before it could become a really serious problem. I also had the side trim removed and the holes filled while she was in the shop.

Now it is time to focus on some other things, like getting her registered and inspected. and then I need to get a different vehicle to drive :D

here are some pics, remember they are thumbnails so they can be clicked on for larger versions.

Slow down !! you are getting ahead of me.:mrgreen:
She sure is looking good:thumblef:
and the time you have spent on it shows.

She can take care of her self !!!
But I know what you mean about leaving it in
someone else's hands.

You can't help but to worrie.:glasses8:

Hope all go well at the body shop.

everything fine :) these are pics of her upon her return in my last post

when did you get a car mike and where are the pics??????!!!!!!???

:)

I'm really impressed with your work bro :thumbrig:

I don't have it in my position yet.
But I go to court Tuesday and then we will see.:scratch:
Go to the General Discussion threads and look for "Help me please agan"
It is a 4dr 63 Valiant. Cream Puff.:thumbup:

Well, the Death Mobile is now a bit less of a death mobile.

I had the car in the shop for the past week, Neil's Garage in Middleburg, PA. A fine pair of gentlemen working there that know our cars because they own them. One guy, Dave has a 67 Barracuda and the other guy, Dean owns a 70 Dart as well as a 68 Roadrunner.

I got new brake shoes, drums and wheel cylinders on the rear, my parking brake cables fixed and adjusted, new front and rear shocks, had my torsion bars adjusted to get the front end back to the specified ride height, had my transmission mount corrected (was put on backwards by someone, won't be naming any names *whistles*) had my new transmission cooling lines put on and run correctly, my shift linkages adjusted, my choke hooked up and my timing corrected.

and an alignment.

all for a biscuit over $700 and a week of time.

took a pic of my car before I went into work today.... right after I broke my camera.... and I don't know how.

gives me an excuse to by a new one.

For those who would like to see my beast here ya go. It sports a very strong 383, 727 with manual valve body, 3 inch exhaust w/ x-pipe and a pair of warlock mufflers 3.55 LS rear It can be a handfull but definitly fun to drive.

newwire.jpg

nice pic of the charger bro :) you should probably start your own thread though :p

there are days i wish I had the charger type car, but I love my little A- Body oh so much.

No matter what tire size you go with on the car, please make the rims steelies and leave those bitchin hubcaps. Are they 13" rims though?

if you are referring to the steelies and hub caps in the first post of this thread, I think they were 14 inch rims, had to ditch em though for some smaller hubcaps for awhile until i went with 14 inch rally wheels

the ones in the first pics are great to use for that sleeper look, and I think they are still at my brothers place if anyone is interested in them.

All this time on this thread and no one has stated the obvious ... there is and can ever only be one "DEATHMOBILE"!!! ;-)

m232a.jpg

Looking real good and I like the A's to brother.:wav:

the death mobile has been on hold for most of the year, I have her in the garage getting a facial.

got the whole front end torn apart, cleaning off the rust and freshening up the paint, among many other projects.

the term snowball comes to mind.

finally got together with my brother today and pulled the engine and tranny out of her to give me more room to clean up the engine compartment, also going to tear into the motor a bit and see if we can't scare some gremlins out into the sun light.

got a picture from back in june when I moved the rest of my junk back to AR from PA, parked her in the yard while we unloaded the household worth of stuff into the house.

she almost looks one color.

Warm weather has returned to my neck of the woods, this is important because I do not have a heated garage. We are making good progress, when I say we I mean me and my dart, as no one else has contributed much in the way of help.

other than not being too upset about me spending time in the garage getting the work done.

I got my steering system ion place yesterday. manual steering with the power steering column to manual box adapter from flaming river.

steer.png

I have the engine about 2 thirds degreased, i never imagined there would be so much paint left on it, I was sure i have a black engine, not a blue.

engine.png

I am also take the time to clean up and paint just about every component that I can, I want this engine bay to be very nice looking.

wipermotor.png

have plugged firewall holes in a much better way than they were, after everything is done I am hoping you will barely be able to notice the patches.

will post more when I get them. feel free to ask me questions if any exist. I really don't get to talk too terribly much about this stuff with any enthusiats.

:)

I like your attention to detail :-D
The motor looks like it was painted I bet your floor was black when you got dun cleaning it.:toothy10: I need to get some detail work started on Victoria.
Keep up the good work and don't feel bad about talking to any one I get use to it, My son is a dirt track racer and its all chebby.:angry7:
Looking great DragginMAster :cheers:Keep up the post's bud.

Jesus, your doing an awesome job. This is the first time I've seen your car. I love the fact that you put a floor shifter in her. Why not?? It looks like it belongs. I'm real impressed with the amount of work you have done to that car. And your attention to detail. Looks great.

Just read your whole thread, looks good man! Dont worry about it being a 4 door, i love em. We have a whole lot of 4 doors compared to 2 doors here in Australia. The upper spec models came with factory floorshifts too. Keep up the good work, and i know what its like to not get out much for car stuff. Gotta talk to someone right?

i have been hard at work, when it has not been to rainy, which has been quite a bit here in northwest arkansas.

got my engine put back together after doing some non invasive looking around, fixed the timing and pulled a head of to see just what is going on in there. And I painted it chrysler red, the color it should be for 1968.

added a nice little touch to the intake manifold:

i have also finished the engine bay, pics are not that great taken with just a 2 megapixel camera phone near sundown, will get some better ones soon:

this is the plate for adapting the 69 heater box blower motor to the 68, I like that I learned how to make it look nice without welding or rivets.

and my nicely redone (if i do say so myself) wiper motor looks right at home here:

you can see the plate for the wiring harness was riveted in, just was still to hard to get to in order to make it look nicer.

am hoping to get the motor nestled back inthe bay soon, i so want to drive her again and give my baby the neon back fulltime.

ok, all that work yesterday and no new pics of the engine in it? tsk,tsk

what am I gonna do with you :-D

-
Back