The Duster is Reborn!!

-

dusterdon

Reaction score
Fired up the Duster today. Was planning to pull it out of garage and install Painless fuel pump relay. Was working on it and my daughter ( and favorite cruise partner, 10 years old) asked if she could get a ride to a friends. I said sure and proceeded to close the trunk and she said "we're taking the Duster aren't we?" Actually I was going to leave it home, but she changed my mind. I have only had 1 30 minute ride (a month ago) since October. Damn it felt fantastic. Took the long way home, got my relay wired up, life is good!!!! Now I gotta plan on tackling list of changes. Felt so good to have 72 degrees outside today. Not to mention I have sat, sun, and mon off too. Sorry for the long story but I just wanted to share for the people who like myself have been working on long term projects. I didn't have a fast Mopar running for almost 20 years. Now I have one turnkey in the garage. Makes me feel like I'm 20 years old again. Get that car done. The feeling is electric.

don

Right on Don, :thumblef: :thumblef: :salut:
dusterdon said:
Fired up the Duster today. Was planning to pull it out of garage and install Painless fuel pump relay. Was working on it and my daughter ( and favorite cruise partner, 10 years old) asked if she could get a ride to a friends. I said sure and proceeded to close the trunk and she said "we're taking the Duster aren't we?" Actually I was going to leave it home, but she changed my mind. I have only had 1 30 minute ride (a month ago) since October. Damn it felt fantastic. Took the long way home, got my relay wired up, life is good!!!! Now I gotta plan on tackling list of changes. Felt so good to have 72 degrees outside today. Not to mention I have sat, sun, and mon off too. Sorry for the long story but I just wanted to share for the people who like myself have been working on long term projects. I didn't have a fast Mopar running for almost 20 years. Now I have one turnkey in the garage. Makes me feel like I'm 20 years old again. Get that car done. The feeling is electric.

don

any day is a good day when you get to get out in the car, especially with one of your kids!

cool!

Cool. at least you ddin't let her down. And yes it is a great feeling to drive one of our cars after they have sat so long. I have been driving my Cuda for the last couple of weeks, and can't wait to bring out my Dart again. It's that time of year. so enjoy.

i know how u feel i have 3 days of nothing, and its going all into my cuda :thumblef: i washed her today, lookin good :) also installed a tach things are getting together pretty good. Good luck with all you projects

I know what your talking about! Changed my oil yesterday, after warming the motor back up afterwards it started to rain. So what's a guy to do? Pull it in the street hit the line lock and run through the gears while standing still! SMOK'IN!!!!:burnout:

Yeah I know what ya mean, I got mine inspected and legal on Fri. So me and the daughter took it to the movie store and had a blast!

-
Back