the duster is rumblin'

-

thanson_mopar

Reaction score
Drove the duster for the first time since it had a slant yesterday! Broke in the cam and set the timing at midnight, than the next day we adjusted the clutch and brakes and took it for a ride. We put 40 miles on it yesterday with open headers:snakeman: Ill finish the exhaust tommorow, put a radiator overflow on, finetune the carb and get some better valve cover gaskets because mine are leaking. The thing has good oil pressure and driving temp but i need a radiator shroud because it warms up a little too much when idling.

enginedropin.jpg

engine done.jpg

driving.jpg

dash.jpg

velositystack.jpg

The best picture is the one with your huge smile!! That is awesome, just in time for spring. 8)

Good for you! If I cruised around with open headers for forty miles I'd have lost my license by now.

Good for you! If I cruised around with open headers for forty miles I'd have lost my license by now.

lol, i already got pulled over about 20 miles into the trip. The cop liked my car and decided to just tell me i had an exhaust "leak", he said he just pulled me over to check out the car.

That pic of you with the ear to ear grin says it all. Glad to see you enjoying your efforts:)

wow that's nice, bet that was a HUGE change from the slant to the 360. I can't to get my 360 running. BY THE WAY.. what kind of headers are you running with your engine ??

Now that face sez happy in a big way. Excelllllent.

wow that's nice, bet that was a HUGE change from the slant to the 360. I can't to get my 360 running. BY THE WAY.. what kind of headers are you running with your engine ??

lol, now that ive felt small block power i think im going to put the slant six back in.......:snakeman:joking. the headers are acually the 105.00 summit brand headers. I thought since they were summit brand that they would have quality issues but they turned out great. they are made by flowtech. If you are on a budget i would highly recomend them. installing them was really not as bad as i thought, they clear everything in the engine bay, we just had to unhook the steering tie rod. didnt dent the headers while instaling. but then again i dont have power steering so that might be an issue if you do. they fit just as good as hedmans or hookers, and they have good ground clearance. (for headers)

it snowed last night but the sun is shining so hopefully when i get out of school today the roads will be dry so i can go do some more tuning and driving, i can feel the power just at quarter throttle, cant wait till i get 500 miles on it so i can start feeding it more fuel:snakeman:

nice nothing like driving them for the first time after you do all that work especially when your going from a slant to a v8 what a feeling congrats

good job, the starters the problem with headers I left the tube in front of it unwelded and had the diameter enlarged on both ends so i can take it off and put it back on easily when replacing the starter

Words cant quite express the feeling when Accomplishing a long term goal.

Congrats!

Cant wait for the video!

that's so cool you got to drive it again. right on.

-
Back