The ever-so desireable 308 Heads

-
Within 20 years or less. The yuppies will eventually win, there's too many of them and the power is behind them.
Um......No. Everything is cyclical and the pendulum will swing the other way. The world will go back to the way it was shortly. This thread is not the place for that discussion.

Another hit & run post?
No my fault. I've been busy trying to get my grandpa's 62 Dart ready for our local car show LOL. It sat in pieces for 35 years so has been a little bit of a struggle

No my fault. I've been busy trying to get my grandpa's 62 Dart ready for our local car show LOL. It sat in pieces for 35 years so has been a little bit of a struggle
Chop chop Hop Sing!

Is this the movie where the car was buried under a cement slab and Lee dug it up and ran it? I’ve been thinking about a movie like this for a while and couldn’t remember the name. I have a bad habit of remembering movies from my childhood in the 70’s and go on this ridiculous search to find it! Last one was Hot Rod 1980!

Sorry for the derailment :)

Chop chop Hop Sing!
Here she is! Bone stock 440 while we build the 413 max wedge to mate to the 3 on the tree!

20240831_184410.jpg

My grandpa bought her brand new back in 1962, was a 361 3 on the tree car. Raced her many years in C/Super Stock and set track records her first time out. Brought my mom home from the hospital in it the day she was born. Started to restore it in the early 1990s but then grandchildren started coming and his priorities changed, car went on the backburner and hadn't been touched until last month. Got it back together just in time for the show on Monday! He would like to build a 413 Max Wedge Stage 3 to pair up to the 3 on the tree for unique purposes since that was never a factory option

My grandpa bought her brand new back in 1962, was a 361 3 on the tree car. Raced her many years in C/Super Stock and set track records her first time out. Brought my mom home from the hospital in it the day she was born. Started to restore it in the early 1990s but then grandchildren started coming and his priorities changed, car went on the backburner and hadn't been touched until last month. Got it back together just in time for the show on Monday! He would like to build a 413 Max Wedge Stage 3 to pair up to the 3 on the tree for unique purposes since that was never a factory option
Heck yeah! Step him up to a 426. At least that way, he has a much more popular bore size.

Some guys like the idea of original mopar parts. In the Mopar performance manuals Larry Sheppard says the 308's are the best flowing stock heads. Yup...i'm an old guy.

Look at it this way. The stock W2 heads I’ve tested hit [email protected] then fell on their face. Easy to fix but there are a lot of stock W2 heads on cars that run good. So if you have a set of production heads that flow in the 260’s I know I could build a pretty nice combo around them. I’ll go out on a limb and say I’m betting that head has more left in it.

Okay so now that I'm finally past that car show and chaos. Back to the topic. Thanks to everyone for responding and apologies for the delay. That makes sense on the 308 heads, first pair I've ever had in my hands so I wasn't quite sure what they held for a value. I'm on board with doing aluminum heads, even speedmaster, because once all is said and done on the 308 heads it would be just as cheap.

-
Back