the hated 4 doors...

-
I've been doing body work on my daily driver Dart Sport with fold down..
Time for a repaint.
It's kind of weird, but I just had a dream that it was a four door the other night..
Then this tread and I remember the dream?
Picture that.

First off, THAT was our exact car when I was a kid! (Except blue!)

downloadfile-2.jpg

Secondly, Barracuda'so never came with extra doors! :lol:

20170903_080934.jpg

Jeff

I think so many 4 doors and wagons have been crushed and thrown away that 2 doors are the common car to find now.

Last year I got a call about a C-body for sale near by. I immediately assumed it would be a four door parts car to rob the 383 out of, then I get there and ........I never did find the parts car

IMG_0501.JPG

I think so many 4 doors and wagons have been crushed and thrown away that 2 doors are the common car to find now.

Last year I got a call about a C-body for sale near by. I immediately assumed it would be a four door parts car to rob the 383 out of, then I get there and ........I never did find the parts car

View attachment 1715098748

They suffered daily driver death. I feel more bad for 2 doors that were scooped by high school kids in the dukes of hazzard era

I always loved the 4 doors, most of my friends think i'm nutso for that!
My first car that i bought with my own money after high school was a '71 Dart 4 door slant 6 auto.
Wish i still had that one..........

I got no problem with them. They can be cool. I had a 69 Dart 4 door for a bit. Got it with a built 318, ralleys and flowmasters with factory chrome tips. It was an air car too. It was a blast to drive and got some weird looks. Its demise was, it was rusty as hell, and finally got parted out. if the body was better I probably would have kept it.

I think of 4 doors as "period" cars, just ordinary cars of that point in our history. I also think of let say for example, early A bodies with slants as period cars, and if someone puts a hopped up V8 in that car, then it becomes a hopped up "period" car!!! NOT a true example of the so called muscle car... all cool to me. it s all about how many smiles per mile a person gets driving/working on his car.???

You are right Marvin. And the unstoppable slant six was hard at work.Cool movie.

Back in the day it wasnt cool to drive a 4 door, it was your moms car. I understand now a day that people are resurrecting and souping up 4 doors, I get it. But if you had the choice, the choice is to get a two door hardtop or coupe.

two doors are so less utilitarian, the people who love them most are those who only think entertainment wise.

I'm a weirdo... i love frankenstein cars, cross manufacturer builds, restomods, woodgrain wagons, us v8 imports, etc.

The cars the jock bros wants, turn me off. They want trendy and easy. I get it, marketing and social nostalgia is powerful.

I think the 4 doors that I have seen over the years that appeal to me the most are those rare survivors... or now the ones I lust for ate the models that have always intrigued me, ie 63 B Bodies. if I havn't had all the various 2 door cars over the past decades, then I am sure a 4 door would be wayyyy down on my wish list..
just like wagons.... I think they are cool but 20 years ago I would have had no interest in one....20 years ago way too many 6 pack cars, 69 roadrunners etc were everywhere...to be had pretty cheap..

I don't have any on my ipad, it's an M-code GTS that is way scruffier than the Valiant. Give me a couple of days and I'll PM you some.

-
Back