The Idea!!!!

-
Look into HHO I put it on my kids 91 mustang, 2.3 and when it was turned on on the highway got 52 MPG. Just make sure you get one the right size. And be ready for an amp draw around 25A or so. He is selling it and just put it on my 6 now, but it is not on the road. If you need a ridiculous high ratio suregrip 2.45 and higherI have one for an 8 1/4. B/O and shipping.
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=283188

I've gotten 30 mpg highway in a 64 Barracuda. It was a 170 slant six with an OD manual. It was not stock. Milled and cc'd head, Super Six 2 barrel intake and carb, 2.5 straight through exhaust, MP solid cam, and electronic ignition with a chrome box. In the end, it was worth it to me to give up 5 mpg to have the extra power of the 273. But it was my daily driver. My point is, 30 mpg highway is achievable with the /6 and an OD manual. I'm sure it is a lot easier than putting in a newer drivetrain.

Isuzu 4 cyl diesel out of a Chevy luv with the 5sp manual. Add a turbo to it to get tolerable performance and you got your 40mpg daily driver.

My daily driver is a brand x. It gets an easy 35 mpg in town and 42+ on the road. It has a 14:1 compression ratio, yet has great manners. It is direct injected, dual variable valve technology, 4-1 exhaust, and 6 speed. I save my Barracuda for shows and cruise night.

Years ago I had an '87 Dodge D50 4x4 with a 2.6L and 5-Speed (plus a Snow Plow and other crap), It weighed 4k+ and I was getting 27-29mpg out of it regularly. First with 3.90 Gears, and then with 4.65 Gears (With Front & Rear Limited Slip). It had the aerodynamics of a brick wall, larger than stock tires, extra weight added (Plow, Winch, Receiver Hitch, etc). And the crappy Mikuni 2BBL Carb lacked many adjustments, so the truck always ran rich at an idle.

Recently I picked up a 1992 D50 4x4, with a 2.4L EFI motor and a 5-Speed, with 3.90 Gears (With a Locker in the Rear Diff) It weighs 3,010 pounds, I'm hoping to get 30+ MPG out of it. 30mpg+ shouldn't be an unrealistic expectation, considering my older '87 was sooo close to that number and it weighed a lot more and wasn't EFI either.

I once tuned a 273-2bbl A/T 68 Dart, to Deep into the 30s(imp). Just a simple tune-up. I can easily imagine, with a dedicated tune, achieving your goals. And it drops in there so easy. And if you already own the 318, youd be surprised what it can do with a dedicated plan.

Thanks to all of you!!!!! This was my first discussion post on Abodys and the feedback was alsome! I know what I'm going to do with the dart now I'm going to use all of the parts that I have lying around that most people don't want to use on there cars IE drum brakes, 7 1/4 open rear with 2.76 gears, 318 2 barrel, 904 trans. I going to do a build post on the car so all can see how it go's THANKS again.

I would use the od 833 for mileage over the 904, I assume since you are in NC it is fairly flat terrain wise?

I would use the od 833 for mileage over the 904, I assume since you are in NC it is fairly flat terrain wise?
yes its fairly flat down here. I'm going with 904 because I have it that will save me about 600 to 800 bucks on the build. So I'm going to build this way because the coats will be low. THANKS

My daily driver is a brand x. It gets an easy 35 mpg in town and 42+ on the road. It has a 14:1 compression ratio, yet has great manners. It is direct injected, dual variable valve technology, 4-1 exhaust, and 6 speed. I save my Barracuda for shows and cruise night.

Let me guess.. German engineered, four door, 2.0L with a turbo... has TDI on the back of it??

-
Back