The Inside Story

-
WHY
:lol:

Obviously my father never met a trained salesman back in the day. He continually purchased Darts and insisted his 3 sons also purchase A bodies...but only with a slant 6 for economy. When he was in his late 80's I asked him why he liked them and he confessed he hated every one of them but he purchased them for economy. Too funny

Good video, thanks for posting it!
This is obviously a small town approach to selling cars.
With bigger centers, it was more about pushing volume, and especially what was on the lot...

Great video! I sure either car salesman were still taught these techniques. I think they teach now to piss off all buyers so they never return, lol. They use all techniques sure as get a hold of the trade-in keys and don't give them back. Tried that on us a couple years ago while buying my wife's last car. I got loud enough for everyone in the dealership to hear. Got the keys, left and didn't buy.

As a 10-year Air Force recruiter, we were first taught AIDA. Attention, Intrest, Desiree, Action. Then 5 years later, we were taught Professional Selling Skills, by AcheiveGlobal. It was more conversational selling.

I asked him why he liked them and he confessed he hated every one of them but he purchased them for economy
My dad bought his 67 dart convertible because he loved the body lines.

He wanted economy but wanted a V8, so he got the 273 2bbl.

I think he made a good trade off on power and economy.

My mom had her 65 mustangs at the time, he could have gone for a 67 mustang convertible but he preferred the boxier lines of the dart.

-
Back