The Little Red Wagon

-
My power plant was a 426 cubic inch keith black hemi. I ran a mixture of 80% alky 20% nitro. It made some good horse power and would water your eyes.

Welcome Bill. I am just wondering, what type of A body do you have now?

Belive it or not The Little Red Wagon was heavy. Way over two tons.

Well its Friday February 8th. The NHRA season is about to start. Here I am looking out my window at all the work I got to do after the high winds blew threw my area yesterday. If I was still racing this is the time of the year I would be checking my inventory of merchendise to sell. Making my final tune ups on the Little Red Wagon. Packing up ready to hit the road for three months. Visting all the great new and old dragstrips of the USA. Boy what a life. But instead I will be firing up the chipper to dispose of my old tree limbs.

Hi Bill, ever think about getting an old Mopar to tinker on? What are your favorite mopars? You could always convert your wood chipper to HEMI power! :toothy10:

Welcome! It's great to be able to talk to such a drag racing ledgend. I saw you at Cedar Falls Raceway in Iowa a year or so ago. I believe it was one
of your last runs. I'll have to check out your site. Thanks, Toolmanmike

Same here in Jonesboro Bill, But I will burn them.
We sure got lucky here at my home here in Creghead co.,
and it was a bad Killer storm for us and Tenn.
Glad to here you are doing fine, Be carfull !! them chippers sure get hungry.
Have a great day and a better one tomorrow sir:thumbrig:.

Bill,
Be careful with that wood chipper.
That was one heavey truck, but probably with all the safety equipment it had to be.
Any interesting Mopar stuff you have left to tinker with?
Do you still own some of the other trucks you had during your career?

I love the old 440 Dusters one of my favorite cars. I still have a A-100 pickup in my garage. I started building it as a wheelstander before I retired. Just dont have the intrest any more.

I enjoy watching old western and rooster cogburn is still one of my favorites.
And some old war movies John W, Did. Still watch Bonanza and Gun Smoke.
Old Festes and Ruth "His Jack ***" still get me to laughing.:toothy10:
Fishing has always been a great pleasure for me too.
How big is your lake Bill ? I bet you've got some good one's in there.
I have a rancher next door that has been a blessing for me, He lets me use it for fishing and hunting. Didn't you hold a guitar a few time's, our was that just rumor.8)
Just one more question,
Have you ever visited George Ray's drag stip in the past, If so what year was it. I use to love going there and running heads up wild cat racing.
Thanks for blessing us here at FABO with your word's sir.

Bill "Maverick";234741 said:
I love the old 440 Dusters one of my favorite cars. I still have a A-100 pickup in my garage. I started building it as a wheelstander before I retired. Just dont have the intrest any more.
How far along in the building process is it?

I am not to far along with the A-100. I have pulled the old motor out. Cut a spot for my Hemi. Just some tinkering is all I have done.

Bill "Maverick";234741 said:
I started building it as a wheelstander before I retired. Just dont have the intrest any more.

Perhaps, you, like myself just need a brake from it all. My example is I have a '73 Cuda 4spd since I'm 20. Toasted the engine racing. Put it away due to fustration.

After owning it this long now, 21 years, The bug for it bites only a little. I just let it sit under the cover for now. I collect a few parts for it every now and again. I'll get back to it later. No rush.

What stall speed would a wheelstander typically run, and which gear did you run in? It seems to me, you wouldn't want anything to harsh, but I know pretty much...ummm..nothing.
It's an honor to have you as a member here.

69 Swinger1 (Small).JPG

George's Truck (Small).jpg

Well, if this isn't cool having a real drag racing legend in our midst then I don't know what is!! The goosebumps I got as a kid watching Little Red run are back now and just as intense as they were then. I've got a zillion questions but I'll refrain for the moment ... I just wanted to thank you for joining us, and look forward to reading your posts. It's truly an honor to have you here.

Hey guys sorry about not getting back to you all. I went on a little vaction. I used a three speed power glide trany. It had low,high and reverse. I would take of in low and shift to high about half track. Hope this is what your looking for MtNemoMopar. By the way thats a nice looking truck you got there. Want to sell it? LOL!

very cool of you to stop by... i can remember being at E-town in th eearly 90's i guess it was and helping hold the rear of your truck up so you could get the clearance to swap slicks.. i also got to see you run at the nats in the early 2000's, it was my girlfriends first time seeing anything like that.... definatley a cool *** truck.. how did you come up with that subframe on shocks that was under it?

I had a lot of help with that. I had a shock specilist design how it all should fit. I am glad I did there has been times when the truck came down real hard. The shocks always held up.

I have a question since I never had the chance to you run:

Did you do a burnout before staging, or were the tires/weight transfer enough to pick up the front end?

I always did a burnout. Then I would do a half track wheelie. I would back up stage and let her rip!

Awesome! I was wondering if you had any video posted anywhere? I want to show my 8 year old daughter some of your runs. I took her to the races a couple times this summer at Bandimere and she really got a kick out the "SCool Bus" wheel stander!

-
Back