the most frustrating,time consuming,stressful project yet!

-

younggun2.0

Reaction score
When I tore my car down for paint (12yrs ago) I took all the glass out and all the regulators. Well I started to reassemble everything and it was the most stressful process I have encountered yet. I am happy with the results but can't wait to never do it again.

Well LOL you've made a lot more progress on yours than I have. Fortunately, the glass is till in mine. Weatherseals and gaskets will be bad enough. "I ain't" a bodyman

That is one GREEN sumbiscuiteater. I like it.

Nice work,2.0 ..Have the windshield & stripping,need to pull the trigger on it...

looks great. My rear windows are terrible loose but get tight and wobbly and even a tad crooked so i only roll them down when i absolutely have to for fear they will fall apart. i know someday i will have to ughhhhhhhhhhhhh

A front suspension is a lovely Autumn day by comparison. I have to remove my regulators soon, not looking forward to it.

I put my back glass in yesterday! Bourbon saved the day! Lol

did you use new roof rail moulding? i found that the rubber weather strip running up in the roof rail was not a "thick" as the original. I don't think it seals as tight to the glass.

My original was in great shape! But, still just a tedious job! Could you compare the old to the new? Where did you get the new one?

I did too, and damn what a pain in the *** just to get the stuff back in let alone aligned correctly to seal. I'll never take a car apart again unless the parts are not going to return.

Hey as stressful as it might be its going be twice as rewarding when you put her on the streets, very nice job good looking car.

My original was in great shape! But, still just a tedious job! Could you compare the old to the new? Where did you get the new one?

no i threw the stock stuff away years ago. i got mine from steele rubber supply. they are great quality and fit nice. just wish it was "poofier" lol. like it should be fatter.

Hey as stressful as it might be its going be twice as rewarding when you put her on the streets, very nice job good looking car.

i have the driver side quarter glass left to do and its gotta be done by thursday night. taking the dart to the drag strip for the first time since 2003 this friday the 14th.

Poofier lmao! Good luck with it at the track! Let us know what she turns!

my wife told her family i was going to the track finally and they all invited themselves. I had to make my wife call them and tell them i didn't want them there. I'm already on the verge of a panic attack. the car has been apart for 12yrs and hasn't seen the drag strip since 2002. I just wanna go and make a couple hits and be in my own little stress bubble.

im hoping i get thrown out for no roll bar.......

Now that is always cool! I here you on the whole family thing! Once it's sorted out no problem! But, people asking what's it doing that for? Is it supposed to do that? Lol
Just relax and have fun! This is what all those late nights, planning, changing, making sure everything is done right lead too! Taking it out for the first time, knowing you built it, is priceless! Best of luck. Shane

-
Back