The Most Useless Electronic Program

-
I've sent stuff to my son in the Netherlands by express mail with tracking all the way. The last package I sent the same way and it sat in customs in the Netherlands for a whole week before being sent out for delivery.

Ok not to drag this to death but I wanted to see if this problem was US wide or local to certain areas. It looks like a few isolated area problems and I think Gunbunny explained the situation competently. So I'll add this. I bought a Lisle 18000 cam bearing installation tool on ebay. The seller delivered it to the post office the same day and furnished me with the 22 didgit tracking number. Feb 12th the PO marked the tracking status as "accepted".
From the 12th until the 21st there were no updates noted on the tracking system. The afternoon of the 21st (9 days from AZ to MI) the tracking system had the following information posted: Arrival at my PO, Sorting Complete, Out for Delivery and Delivered at 16:33pm. All on the same day. Here's the funny part. The package was never delivered. I went to the PO at 4:50pm last night and they really don't know where the hell my package is but maybe today they can ask the carrier who he delivered it to.

If I were a betting man, I'd say a carrier was told to make his route in 8hrs. he came back with some packages and a supervisor scanned them all delivered hoping no one would notice. The time delivered gives that away.
Did your package make it today?

same here! do you guys not know how to use the internet or something?:scratch:

Nah, it depends on a lot of factors at the PO. Sometimes it's better than other times. Some of the reasons have been explained in this thread already (thanks), and other times it's just... whatever.

-
Back