The new '11 Charger

-
Been disappointed with Mopar offerings since the '70's..the new charger frontend looks like a ram frontend:angry7::angry7::angry7:..mopar really needs to upgrade its styling department..

I have only seen picture. But I though it looked cool. What didn't you like?

Been disappointed with Mopar offerings since the '70's..the new charger frontend looks like a ram frontend:angry7::angry7::angry7:..mopar really needs to upgrade its styling department..

At least they got the Challenger right. Its 2 big and heavy but I can get 34 mpg driving easy on the highway

That thing is freakin awesome, way better the the last version. A least it isnt a slammed together morphodite like the camaro, I say good job Dodge!

That thing is freakin awesome, way better the the last version. A least it isnt a slammed together morphodite like the camaro, I say good job Dodge!

I agree totally. I think it looks awesome. That new gaymaro is the stupidest looking thing gm has put out in a long time.

Once again, everybody's fallin for marketing hype. It's the same car as the Magnum, just like it always was but not a wagon like the fugly *** Magnum. All they did was change the rear panel to evoke the 69 and fugly up the front end some more. I ain't likin it. I never have. Even if it was a 2 door, it would still be fugly. Might be fuglier. The Charger was always a 2 door muscle car. They ruined it. This is what you get when a car company stops makin performance oriented rear wheel drive cars for 26 years. They frikkin forget how.

Try and drive 400+hp rear wheel drive in the winter, not fun. If I lived in a warmer climate I'd probably agree with you. Most people want a 4 door car for there main transportation, sucks putting kid's in a 2 door. At least Mopar isn't folding on the performance game, hell the new 392 Hemi is pushing 470 hp, can't wait to find one of them at the salvage auction!

The Charger was always a 2 door muscle car.

Remember these?

View attachment charger16.jpg

View attachment '85 Charger.jpg

Sure, the 4th gen could be had with a big block and the 5th gen could be had with a turbo, but muscle cars? My '76, as much as I loved that car, could have been considered a lot of things, but a muscle car wasn't one of 'em.

I'm not dissing any of 'em. Hell, I think this one sweet looking little machine:

View attachment 85shelby_chgr.jpg

I guess they fit the pre-requisite of being two doors, but when we start comparing the current Charger to the older ones, why does it seem that most folks forget the smog era or the FWD era of this badge?

Chrysler's badged a lot worse with great nameplates over the years. The Mitsu built Challenger comes to mind. The Ramcharger name plate went from being a high performance big block to being an air box to being a truck.

Remember these?

View attachment 202664

View attachment 202665

Sure, the 4th gen could be had with a big block and the 5th gen could be had with a turbo, but muscle cars? My '76, as much as I loved that car, could have been considered a lot of things, but a muscle car wasn't one of 'em.

I'm not dissing any of 'em. Hell, I think this one sweet looking little machine:

View attachment 202672

I guess they fit the pre-requisite of being two doors, but when we start comparing the current Charger to the older ones, why does it seem that most folks forget the smog era or the FWD era of this badge?

Chrysler's badged a lot worse with great nameplates over the years. The Mitsu built Challenger comes to mind. The Ramcharger name plate went from being a high performance big block to being an air box to being a truck.

Couldn't agree more! They built many many more of the smog and FWD Chargers than the 68-72 everyone wants to compare the current Charger too. As for whether it was the right decision to make the car a 4 door or not I think the sales figures have proven that it was.

As for the styling of the 11 Charger: I think it's a huge improvement. I also think they made a huge improvement in the styling of the 11 300 too.

http://www.allpar.com/cars/chrysler/300C.html

They should have never used the Charger name on a 4 door family car...Period.
i agree, if they had named it something else, like belvedere or fury , it would have made it more appealing to me. the charger name just makes people expect a 2 door. i do like the body style, just not the charger name on it.

The new challengers are nothing to write home about either,my friend has one i went to check it out,looks just like an over-sized matchbox car...

The Charger was never a pony car, most of them IMPO were luxury muscle cars, alot of them had air, power windows, and other items never offered on alot of other muscle cars. So Making them a 4 door with alot of options, and big power is a perfect fit. Now if they made the Challenger a 4 door, we would have a problem!

The 75-77 Chargers were luxo barges. But, for what was offered at the time from ANY of the auto makers in that catagory, they were some of the best there was. They were nice damned cars. Also, if you don't think them little front wheel drive Daytona turbo cars were muscle cars, you need to relearn the definition. Those things would haul ***.

i agree, if they had named it something else, like belvedere or fury , it would have made it more appealing to me. the charger name just makes people expect a 2 door. i do like the body style, just not the charger name on it.

I agree with you. I want thinking Monaco would be fitting for it. Either way though, the 07 Charger we have is a blast to drive and very quick too. These new cars are way better than people give them credit for, even if some think they are ugly.

I like alot more than the last charger. It looks really good with the grill blacked out. Not a big fan of the chrome outlined one yet.

Attachments

• 2011_Charger.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 224
-
Back