The 'New' Champion 374

-

Dodge72

Odd one out
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I was reading an older thread of how the CC374 would fit just fine. Didn't realize it was an older thread, I went ahead and found one to purchase. By the by, I'm running a 360 with no A/C in a 72 Dart. But now, reading more into it, I have seen that the "newer" ones (as of 2015) are a bit taller, apparently too tall for an A-Body now? I double checked the Jegs website and indeed, they say the taller height of 23 5/8". Has anybody actually tried to fit this and had success without cutting the radiator support? If not, I'm hoping I can cancel the order before they ship. I just wanted to confirm with potentially more recent advice. Thank you!

Last edited:
I “believe” I have the taller version in my Duster and it cleared with 3/4-1” to spare. If I remember, I’ll measure it tomorrow and let you know for sure.

Hey guys,

I was reading an older thread of how the CC374 would fit just fine. Didn't realize it was an older thread, I went ahead and found one to purchase. By the by, I'm running a 360 with no A/C in a 72 Dart. But now, reading more into it, I have seen that the "newer" ones (as of 2015) are a bit taller, apparently too tall for an A-Body now? I double checked the Jegs website and indeed, they say the taller height of 23 5/8". Has anybody actually tried to fit this and had success without cutting the radiator support? If not, I'm hoping I can cancel the order before they ship. I just wanted to confirm with potentially more recent advice. Thank you!
Ok so I just measured and mine is in fact 23 5/8” from the bottom to the top of the radiator cap. When I installed it, I put a chunk of play-do on the cap and carefully closed the hood. I had 3/4-1” clearance.

Ok so I just measured and mine is in fact 23 5/8” from the bottom to the top of the radiator cap. When I installed it, I put a chunk of play-do on the cap and carefully closed the hood. I had 3/4-1” clearance.
What year Duster? I have a 74 and the cap sits 2 inches above the core support. I'm concerned about clearance. I don't want to complete the install until I'm sure it will clear. Thanks.

What year Duster? I have a 74 and the cap sits 2 inches above the core support. I'm concerned about clearance. I don't want to complete the install until I'm sure it will clear. Thanks.
72. My cap sticks up higher than my core support as well, but easily clear the hood.

Hell yall. Jes cut a hole in the hood and let the cap stick through. Model A style. lol

-
Back