The "New" Dart, LoL!

-

V-100

Valiant lover(?)
Reaction score
Well, the new Dart is nothing like the old one. Know why? Because it is a FIAT/Alfa with a different skin. And FIAT and Alfa haven't built a reputation for building low-quality, non-durable crap for decades for no reason...

http://www.dippy.org/forum2/index.php?topic=10125.0

and now even the WSJ auto guy admits he doesn't like them (after the Karma comments)...

http://jalopnik.com/5972189/wsjs-dan-neil-i-went-too-easy-on-the-fisker-karma

Makes you wonder what these will be worth in 4-5 years when they are falling apart. Remember, Chrysler is a FIAT division now, I do not even consider it a "Domestic" anymore:eek:ops:

Ya, der Germans owned them. Rode them into ze ground...and zen the gubamint 'bailed' zem out and handed zem to ze UAW und FIAT in a fire sale!

Yeah, but #3 was my favorite movie of the year...been waiting for a John Carter movie since my Dad introduced me to the books in about '74...and he waited pretty much his whole life hearing rumors of a movie (and missed it by 6 years)
Tell me about it.It was a good movie very entertaining but I own a theatre and it was not the highest grossing movie we got.

Really? This conversation still goes on? It's official, it sucks, next topic.

Happy New Year!

Hmmmm.....I don't get people jumping into a thread just to say it's a tired, burned out subject. No really.....I don't get it.

Maybe the "Dart" name was a wrong idea. I seen some on the freeway looks like a nice car. SORRY YOU GUYS NEED TO MAKE FUN OF NEW MADE IN USA PRODUCTS .

A "RETRO" DART would have been worst. No kids these days is gonna buy
square box with a slant 6. Get over it!!!!!!!!!

Chrysler corp. will be only a memory .There have been no plans for epa/fuel standards to be met in the upcomming years.Word on the street is Jeep will survive but soon to be a rebadged Fiat suv.Ram trucks will fizzle out when the Cummins engines will be replaced with Fiat's Diesel engine

Ya we get it all new mopars are turning into fiat junk. The only thing we can do now is rebuild are old mopars to show the true side of what mopar use to be.:boxing:

Well, for anyone who doesn't remember the FIATs from the bygone days when they were sold in the US, Chrysler still has to make up for the Neon.

Its going to take some work for them to build a market in the small, fuel efficient market, especially when the other manufacturers are actually working hard to offer decent cars in that category. Ford, in particular, has stepped up their small cars big time.

FIAT still holds to their legacy of some of the lowest quality/durable vehicles made in Europe. With trucks being RAMs, Darts being FIATs, the Viper being "By SRT," the Challenger being on the way out (and it's replacement being a 'Cuda, probably "By Chrysler Group, LLC, a Division of FIAT"), et cetera I don't hold any faith in anything new they try to market as "MOPAR," or Dodge (see the nice 'pimp' edition 300 they are offering?) Anymore, it is just a recognized trade/brand name- the old legacy is in the history books next to Plymouth.
Sad to say, I don't like it. The FIAT/Chrysler deal was orchestrated by the same group who just created the "Fiscal Cliff" solution which has higher taxes and no spending cuts (but $70 million in aid for that non-profit business known as NASCAR and other pork). I believe we'll see the results of their moves in the next few years...hey, maybe we can buy it back and make it a domestic company again. Until then, if I want a cheap A-to-B car, its Hyundai/KIA (they are building 'em here, not Mexico like Chrysler does a lotof it's product) or Ford.

-
Back