The official FABO machinist/member collaboration, busted 340 thread

-
Thanks! I have always respected his posts. Shame knowledge is chased off.

Seems to be a few of the regulars missing lately.

I dont know, but they are on my poop list.

****-list-note-pad-31.jpg

TMM, I have a list like that and my grandson is in the top slot. It seems he wants me to make an appointment for his help on the car I'M trying to help HIM build. If he keeps screwing around, I'll build it for me and his options are shoe leather or a bicycle and a raincoat.

I read all of this thread, and all I can say is WOW. Someone close enough to replicarracer needs to swing by his shop and see if he will come back.

Seems to me a whole lot of great information went away with this guy. That’s a big shame.

And shame on the fool who was screwing with him, especially since it seems he wasnt an engine builder or a machinist.

Sometimes you can get out of your lane and think you are capable of carrying on a discussion with someone who far above your pay grade.

Again, what a shame.

I'm not far away from this guy and I was planning on using him hope I can get in touch with him because he seems like a stand up guy!!!!

He'll be back once the weather changes in D.C.

I'm not far away from this guy and I was planning on using him hope I can get in touch with him because he seems like a stand up guy!!!!
PM coming

He is in my book.

Last edited:
I read all of this thread, and all I can say is WOW. Someone close enough to replicarracer needs to swing by his shop and see if he will come back.

Seems to me a whole lot of great information went away with this guy. That’s a big shame.

And shame on the fool who was screwing with him, especially since it seems he wasnt an engine builder or a machinist.

Sometimes you can get out of your lane and think you are capable of carrying on a discussion with someone who far above your pay grade.

Again, what a shame.

He'll be back once the weather changes in D.C.

When you’ve had enough BS from the peanut gallery, it’s time to leave the peanut gallery where they sit. He is a pro engine builder taking hits and insults from book readers and internet heroes that think they know something but in all actuality, know nothing.

These know half witted nothing *** clowns have sharp tongues that are not piercing thin skin but just simply wear on patients over time where the actual talented and skilled one taking the hits wonders why they even bother trying to help out others.

On this board, there are only a few, very few that actually work in the industry, get their hands dirty daily and work the machines. Everyone else is an armchair quarter back and 95% can’t make third string in Jr. high school, Jr. Varsity football team comprised of mentally short idiots.

After getting my short block from him, he was quite adamant about not returning. I doubt he will be back. You all can start making claims to his return date. Good luck with your bets and fortune telling.

I agree with the OP's choice to bail. Similar to my GTS threads where I shared tech info and results. You get worn down by the keyboard commando's and withdraw. I see two main types of commando:

1) The novice enthusiast that is so excited about the hobby they chime in on threads in which they have ZERO direct experience. This tends to be a regurgitation of misinformation, old wives tales and other half baked theories that float around the internet. No individual has every answer but PLEASE don't give advice without direct experience. Your tenacity to participate and help others is appreciated. Don't let that good intention become misguided.

2) The seasoned know-it-all that refuses to acknowledge anyone else's experience or knowledge . This person typically insists on one extreme or another (i.e. only use the cheapest parts made, all else is a waste of money) and will randomly badger other posters for no reason other than self soothing to cope with their parochialism.

In closing, STFU and listen to the people that work in the trenches. If you have not built it, run it or fixed it there is no need to provide your 2c.

We all read the same internet. Offering up widely accepted theories as your own experience can be misleading and cause a trusting member to have major issues resulting in costly repairs.

I will continue to call out both #1 and #2. I'm not here to make friends or enemies. It's about the cars.

Lastly, to the owner of this 340 engine. Please don't forget about the guy that helped you fix your engine. I have helped many, many people and not received a thank you, random check in call or an update and that degrades one's good nature to help others. It's not anything that is owed or necessarily expected. It is a matter of being thoughtful and polite. All of us fixers out here on the front lines are also human. It gets old when your "friends" call you only when they have an issue or tech question.

Last edited:
You mean I got to go back and search pages where this thing went sideways...

I'll have to talk myself into it, kinda dgaf.
I like Replicaracer, seems like a smart guy.

Anyone wanna just tell me the outcome of the build and who started jabbing at it?

You mean I got to go back and search pages where this thing went sideways...

I'll have to talk myself into it, kinda dgaf.
I like Replicaracer, seems like a smart guy.

Anyone wanna just tell me the outcome of the build and who started jabbing at it?

I do not remeber anything specific. It could be cumulative.

One thing is for sure, if you don’t have a pretty thick skin…….. car forums can def wear you out!!

And even if you do have a thick skin…….they can still wear you out.

I think replica racer is just busy doing his own thing and this is just a chat site and after a while it gets boring ...and after a while you got to get **** done not sit on here tapping keys.

The worst I saw was some people going on about regrinding lifters and their opinion on it. He accomplished what he needed to and no longer needs to be posting in this thread probably as well because he built the engine it's fixed it's great everyone is happy... the end, start another thread.

I think replica racer is just busy doing his own thing and this is just a chat site and after a while it gets boring ...and after a while you got to get **** done not sit on here tapping keys.

The worst I saw was some people going on about regrinding lifters and their opinion on it. He accomplished what he needed to and no longer needs to be posting in this thread probably as well because he built the engine it's fixed it's great everyone is happy... the end, start another thread.
U nailed it !!
This ain't the ( VIEW ) show ## move on to RELEVANT topics !!

-
Back