"the official" PAY IT FORWARD donation thread

-

340plot

the bushy bush
Reaction score
ok, i would like to try this, as i know alot of members hoard stuff just like me. i do not have money right now to buy anything, so i figured if i can get someone to donate to me, i can in return, donate something i have that someone else can use.

i am looking for someone to donate to me, a radio for a 70 dart. does not need to work. just need to fill the hole in the dash!.

i, in return, will donate to the next guy that needs it, a 71 rally dash setup. i do not have a harness or frame. it is more for parts, but all circuit boards are there.

all shipping will be on the recipient of the donation.
please do not look for anything in return if you doante to someone else. but, if you need something, and have something to donate, throw up your wanted item, and what you have to pay forward !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 503
  • 008.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 506
  • 009.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 499
  • 006.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 507
Great idea Joe! Me and kimmer had pm'd about a fabo "scrap yard" where members would send their not needed/donated stuff to, and in return whomever needed a part would pay a very small fee...but it just wasnt going to work. Sorry I cant help you with a 70 dart radio...interested to see where this thread goes

well, even if i do not get a radio, im still goingto donate some of the "CLUTTER".LOL

I have an AM radio out of a Dart. Not sure of the year though. It is from the 70's maybe a 73 if that is any use to you Joe. I can get a pic of it a little later in the day.

Jack

I think he needs a thumbwheel radio for the Rallye dash, I think it has to be a 1970 radio? I have one from a 1969 Dart with thumbwheels if that will work? Does the 70 radio mound in the dash using 2 large screws on the front? Maybe the 69 will fit just fine. Honestly, I don't need the gauge cluster, but PM me if interested.

I need thoes shoes in the pics with the lime green trim. :)

Really though, I have an under dash AC head and the condenser. (none of the rest though)
Some new dash light sockets, an electronic voltage regulator for the fuel and temp gauges. (IVR style that I made) for when I had the original guages.

I need a right side headlight bezel for my 73 Dart Swinger.

i have never spent more than 10 buckes for shoes in my life, but have had bad back problems. wife said i needed a real pair of shoes. spent 80 bucks on these, being told it would be better for my back............................. still got back problems!!!!!!!!!!

yes, sorry for lack of info. i need a thumbwheel radio. sedan, i do not know how it is held in!

Hey Joe. I may have the radio that you are looking for.

I have to go out and see if I can find the old dash from my 70 Dart that got totalled and stripped. I will let you know if I can find it.

guage cluster found a nice new home to another member.

REMEMBER FOLKS, IT DOES NOT HURT TO HELP OTHER OUT AT TIMES !!!!!!!!!!

i will be posting more on here, as i go through my stuff

I don't really have much to pass along, but this story.
Last week my wife and I took my father in law to lunch for his birthday. normally this is no big deal, but he has dementia pretty bad. a trip to a restaurant with him is a huge job. Another person saw what my wife and I were dealing with and our patience with Dick. The fact we were eating in shifts and chasing Dick and allowing him to walk around (with us of course). That person bought our lunch. They surely didn't have to and we didn't expect it. they asked not to be named so I don't even know who to thank.
people are all right. you just never know.

I believe in pay it forward, on the official pay it forward day I fabbed up and gave a set of
4 body dollies to a member here free of charge

I have given away plenty of parts for free here on FABO, good feeling helping others out. But can't stop now.....I am offering a pair of 318 a-body exhaust manifolds, good condition, no cracks or repairs, just need to be blasted and painted, heat riser even works!!! They are FREE, just pay shipping (might be $25-$30) I have them listed in a separate thread with pics and part numbers. They are in the for sale section but have no intrest. I think they are for 70-73 years? Again, they are free, just pay shipping!

Is a 70 dart radio thumbwheel or round knob style?

Both, but the 340 Swinger had a thumbwheel only, non-340 cars had the radio with round knobs, both were available in am/fm though. In 71 the thumbwheel was dropped and both models had the same radio with knobs.

Both, but the 340 Swinger had a thumbwheel only, non-340 cars had the radio with round knobs, both were available in am/fm though. In 71 the thumbwheel was dropped and both models had the same radio with knobs.

Thanks Keith, here is a pic... I have all the other pieces for it...front lens and chrome bezel as well

Attachments

• DSCF7371 (Medium).jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 234
I have a pair of 14"x5 or 5.5" rallye wheels. Pick up or could deliver to nationals in august.

motorhead, are you giving them away?
i do not want them, as spomeone else will need them more than me!
just wanted it to be clear, before people start asking you 100 times! that is great

4spdragtop, that is the radio i am looking for . give me a price shipped to 24171 if you want to part with it. i just need it to fill the hole in the dash !

motorhead, are you giving them away?
i do not want them, as spomeone else will need them more than me!
just wanted it to be clear, before people start asking you 100 times! that is great

4spdragtop, that is the radio i am looking for . give me a price shipped to 24171 if you want to part with it. i just need it to fill the hole in the dash !

Yes, this pair is free. large bolt pattern. Let me check width tonight. I have several of these sitting around, just thought i would help out.

-
Back