The Plymouth Prowler Was Secretly Chrysler's Most Important Engineering Experiment

-
EITHER YOU GET IT or YOU DONT

I believe Tom Gale is the one to coin this phrase about the Prowler

oh i get it.. they came up short . thats what i get..

a friend has a black one. and i believe its fun and reliable to drive. don't think you can argue that. i always thought they were neat but the v-6 is where they fell short.. i don't care if it was their best engine or not.. something like that shouldn't sounds like a v-6 when it drives by. to me the sound is all part of the experience and no was a v-6 will ever put out the "proper" sound. i recently thought about a v-6 mustang. hell that has to be fun, 300hp the looks and everything and on a hard top you can get kinda a trak pack option that gives better suspension and gears. in the end the car just isn't right sounding.

cars like the prowler,mustang,camaro and challenger need that v-8 rumble in my opinion.

I think all us hotrodders agree the Prowler fell short on what we would expect driveline wise, but ya gotta admit for that time in history, a truly wild creation styling wise and somewhat engineering wise too?

wonder what it would be like with the power of a "modern" V6 !?????? and RWD?

From what I gather, the engineers that did the aluminum body on the prowler, are responsible for the new F150 aluminum body.

-
Back