The Post Office blows!

-
340mopar said:
Fedex says that being I was the receiver I can't file the claim. They say the shipper has to file the claim. The problem is the shipper, a private guy on the internet was moving and this rearend was the last of the stuff he had. By the time I realized there was a problem, about a week and a half, the guy I bought it from had already moved. It is just a lame excuse on fedex's part I faxed them proof that it was payed in full but they still denied my claim. I have talked with other people, some business that were the shippers and they were denied claims. Fedex knows it is more trouble than it's worth for us to try and collect. I contacted both my attorney generals office and the department of transportation for interstate theft but it is small potatoes for them and they won't do anything.

Here's something that is the kicker. When a fedex driver picks up an item it is scanned. Then when it gets to the depot and is unloaded it is scanned. Every time it moves to a different location, truck, plane ,etc it gets scanned. the only time it was scanned was from the driver. The driver recognized what it was and took it for him or herself and it never made it to the depot. I told fedex to think about that and that their driver stole the item. They say they only hire law abiding people and that could never happen. So when I asked them how is it them it was never scanned at the depot and only scanned by the driver. Their reply was that items can fall out of a truck unnoticed when the door is open. Then I reply look at the freight bill, 50" long, 90lbs just falls out of a truck and doesn't get noticed? seems odd. She replied it does seem odd, but that is were it ended. No money no rear end.

Chuck

Chuck sorry to hear you got ripped but with every shipper I know of (UPS, Post office, or Fedex) the only one that can file a claim is the shipper so Fedex is no worse than the rest in that area. If you can't get the shipper to file a claim your SOL. It isn't right IMO but what can you do.

Sure does sound like a driver stole it but companies like this will never admit it could happen.

Don't you just love our judicial system and the lawyers!! :angry4: If they can't make big dollars screw you.

EvilScamp said:
241428627.jpg

LOL I just printed that pic and it's going on the wall at work tomorow.

The package arrived today in Tn., 17 days to go from Va. to Tn.. Must have been those doggone mountains in the way. Really hard pedalling up and over `em.

Im so sick of these lazy dumbasses not doing their jobs right, delivering a poor product, and expecting large sums of money for that crap service! Not only that, it seems that they don't give a f--- when something does go wrong on their behalf! I shipped an intake manifold and a edelbrock carb to a guy in South Dakota from here in Cali. When it arrived, the box had two 14" holes in the sides, all of the foam and paper inside was missing, the box was open, and there was damage. The air cleaner locating tabs broke off the carb, the choke was smashed, the linkage was bent, and there were sharp edges on the manifold. I had to refund the shipping, plus $40 to the guy to avoid a bad ebay rating. I am pissed. The post office, even though it was insured, said it wasnt their fault. How the hell can a normal human being even deliver something like that and feel good about themselves?? I paid $40 for shipping and they said i could have avoided the issue by purchasing more expensive shipping. B.S! That should have no bearing on what happened.

longgone, glad to here you got your package. Like I said before better late then never. I would be tickled to death if my rearend showed up one day, I had to settle for 4 fedex truck radiators instead. The law or lack of it, works both ways.

Chuck

MOPARJ said:
Im so sick of these lazy dumbasses not doing their jobs right, delivering a poor product, and expecting large sums of money for that crap service! Not only that, it seems that they don't give a f--- when something does go wrong on their behalf! I shipped an intake manifold and a edelbrock carb to a guy in South Dakota from here in Cali. When it arrived, the box had two 14" holes in the sides, all of the foam and paper inside was missing, the box was open, and there was damage. The air cleaner locating tabs broke off the carb, the choke was smashed, the linkage was bent, and there were sharp edges on the manifold. I had to refund the shipping, plus $40 to the guy to avoid a bad ebay rating. I am pissed. The post office, even though it was insured, said it wasnt their fault. How the hell can a normal human being even deliver something like that and feel good about themselves?? I paid $40 for shipping and they said i could have avoided the issue by purchasing more expensive shipping. B.S! That should have no bearing on what happened.

I found video of the guy delivering that package:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tN94ePhsd4

-
Back