The Scamp has arrived !

-

AdamR

Big Member
Reaction score
And man is this thing solid ! The only rust I found was surface rust on th etrunk floor. Its going to be a great starting point for a fun street/strip car. It needs a bunch of little stuff, mostly in the interior like front door panels, a carpet set, front seat cover and some arm rests. The body needs a small dent in the passanger fender fix and the hood needs paint (planning on a 6bbl hood anyways). Once I buff the paint out its going to look great. Even the trim on this thing is beautiful !

Cant wait to dive in. Too bad I go back to working two jobs next week and wont have anytime to play with it. :sad1:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck with the new warrior!

That puppy looks great Adam. Just think, at some point in time you'll be able to tell that Ford driver that he just got spanked by a Scamp. I'm getting all misty just thinking about it. I'll let you guys in on a little secret. I'm getting ready to tell the misses that my next soon to be project is going to be a "SLEEPER". Something so unassuming looking that the kids will be falling over themselves opening there wallets to bet against it. :burnout:

right on dude. that was the same way i felt about my convertible. so awesome to have a nice solid canvas to work with so you can paint the perfect picture of smoking chebbies and ferds in a scamp....keep the dream alive while slaving at those two jobs. it will pay off big.

The only big problem with this car is lack of tire space. I cant decide if I want to mini tub it or not. I hate to cut a solid car but I'd love to beable to get some tire back there.

Awesome Scamp! I'm thinking mini-tub on mine too. I hate to cut up my deceased grandparents car (they will probably haunt me) but in the end it will be worth it.

On my son's Dart, we sectioned the stock wheel tub and added a 3" strip of metal. It still looks stock but with the added tire clearance.

Dustpan said:
On my son's Dart, we sectioned the stock wheel tub and added a 3" strip of metal. It still looks stock but with the added tire clearance.

That how I did my Barracuda too. I think Im going to just use the offset hangers and see what I can get in there. If traction is still an issue I'll consider going further.

Congrats. on the Scamp Adam!
Wanna trade? Mine gets worse the deeper i dig!

No thanks, I just got rid of that. I did start to clean the car up today. I spent an hour compounding it, what a differance. I'll take some pictures in the next day or two.

MINI-TUB!!!!!! :headbang:

BUT cut your wheel wells out,cut them in 1/2 and had some sheet metal and they will look STOCK!!!! :love4:

Adam instead of mini tubbing, you might be better off just putting a set of Caltracs and M/T drag radials you`ll keep the stock look and hook up big time -I have them and they are great. Nice Scamp

Im running the caltracs, comp eng drag shocks, and im hooking. Im pulling the front tires with my 9.50 qtp. Mini does look good though.

416 scamp said:
Im running the caltracs, comp eng drag shocks, and im hooking. Im pulling the front tires with my 9.50 qtp. Mini does look good though.

I want to use a M/T drag radial and Im not sure how well a 235-60-15 will hook almost 500 hp. Im gonna try to stuff the 255-60 in it first though.

I know the Hoosier QTPs hook good but I had a bad experiance with a set of quick times a few years ago.

adam what kind of bad experience did you have if you dont mind me asking? just maybe something to look out for.

The dry rotted after 4 months, Cracks all over the side walls. They said it was from them being outside. I told them my truck is outside all year and the tires arent dry rotted.

I also didnt care for the ride quality of the bias plys. These were the full tread version though not the cheater slicks.

iv come to love the saying (Anyone can restore a car,but it takes a real man to cut one up)so MINI TUB IT MAN

an i got 255's on the dart with yur old rims not the best fit but close needed to trim off all the inner lip

-
Back