The snow ball effect

-

AdamR

Big Member
Reaction score
I hate it. Springs coming and Ive managed to pick up a few things. Ive had alittle cash tashed away in my paypal account so I picked up a cam and lifter kit. Now I'll need a gasket kit and if I do that I may as well get some thinner head gaskets for alittle more compression. Add head bolts to the list.

Well I found a Por15 Hemi orange paint kit of ebay so I snagged that. No Im thinking I need to do something with the rusty headers. Were does it end ?

I have all the parts to fix the front end but the brakes will need to be done.

I'm gonna be picking up a 3.91 rear from Walter. may aswell upgrade to green bearings and longer studs.

I still have to figure out what to do about my back tires rubbing. I like the size but if I mini tub it I;ll loose the rear seat, so it looks like back tires for the car. Id like to switch to quick time pro's but Im driving the car 3 hours to a show in the summer. Cant do it on them. If I go with Drag radials I'll need new front tires too.

Does it ever end ?

Sorry to tell you Adam, NO it never ends! :D

My Scamp started the same way,wanted to put in an 8 3/4 said well while i'm at i'll put in new springs,shocks and i might as well add a rear sway-bar.
After that i said well the rears done might as well rebuild the front-end,well while i'm at it might as well add a front sway-bar.
I didn't like the drum brakes so might as well upgrade to disc!

Then it was headers,new pipes,new bumpers etc.,etc.,etc.
Then after i get that to a decent driver what do i do?
Buy another car and start all over again! #-o

The worse part is it doesnt even stop for a year. I told my wife I was only doing a few things to it this summer after all I did last year.

I personally dont mind. Just her and the bank account that do. :wink:

I agree it never ends. Also its not a snow ball its a dam avalanche .
Adam don't forget I got you covered on the
brakes just say when :thumrigh: :burnout:

I hear you. I only got to drive my Dart once when it was delivered, that's when I noticed that the radiator was leaking. So, I parked it, pulled the rad, and that's when I decided "well, radiator's out, might as well swap the cam. And sinceI wanted to put a four barrel intake and carb on it, I may as well do a head swap. Now, of course once the motor is done, I'll want a shift kit in the trans, oh, and might as well throw in the 8-3/4 sure-grip rear" ARRRGGGGHH! :mrgreen:

You wanna talk about never ending?!?!?!? =;

I can post pictures of 9/16" wrenches with the ends bitten off..... angry9:

I started saying I was done on my car 2 years ago. Last year I spent $19,000 on it :roll: :roll: Paint, heads, dana, intake, cam, drive shaft and now new tires and domniator carb. I'm having my intake polished after I had the turtle put in. I had a tire get into the quarter so I had to fix that and re-clear 75% of the car. There's another 50 hours of wet sanding and buffing. I bent a bunch of rear parts so there's more money and time.

If it ever ended what would we do for fun :shaking:

BARRACUDA340S said:
If it ever ended what would we do for fun :shaking:

Flush $50 dollar bills down the toilet? I might be cheaper..... :D

Mmmm does it all make sense?...sure, now that I bought the Swinger last fall I have no room to work on it. The Cuda owns the garage, the van and daily ricer sit in the driveway, the Swinger is on the lawn. Now I am searching for another home with a shop, yup it all makes sense.
All I need is my wife my dog my golf clubs and my mopars, oh ya and another house.

I'm in the same boat Sparky. I'm looking for a new house now, one with the room to build the shop I want.

You forgot to add that in the end we always sell for a big loss and then start the same nonsense all over again.

Or like some of us, like my self, one A-Body is not enough, two is good, three is great, four better...
And in the end, like BigEdsGarage said that you sell one of them and make a big loss, and for a while, "new" one comes to your house driveway...
:D

My snowball is that '66 Dart STW, starting in a tailgate 13 years ago, it fell right to my toes when i opened first time...

Käkö said:
My snowball is that '66 Dart STW, starting in a tailgate 13 years ago, it fell right to my toes when i opened first time...

I have to confess I was laughing pretty hard when I read that line.... It's almost like a preview of the relationship :tongue:

Snowball, eh! Mine always seem more like the TAR BABY from the Uncle Remus Stories and the Disney movie "Song of the South" I just meant to touch it, and now I got it all over me!!!

P.S. Not canadian, TEXAN!

FASTBACK340 said:
Käkö said:

I have to confess I was laughing pretty hard when I read that line.... It's almost like a preview of the relationship :tongue:

Just about right... :D :D

Man, right now in this area there is nothing out there to buy. I had a place lined up, modest home, huge garage, 2.9 acres, lots of room to build or expand the shop, but Murphy's law kicked in and some aunt put a claim on part of the estate and now it is in the courts. It will be there forever no doubt.
:roll:

-
Back