the story of me and my slanty...

-

bigjohnson88

Reaction score
I know some people wont like her, but to my credit, this car was heading for the scrapper. The roof was completely rusted through because of the old vinyl top as well as some spots in the rear. floor, rockers, and trunk pan were perfect.

When I got it, it had a new gas tank, lines, plugs, wires, cap, but still didn't run. I traded a 96 ford aspire with a busted trans even. welded a new roof, fix some other rusty spots, and put some bucket seats in. then I was on here for months trying to get it running. I got a new carb, alt, and starter. removed all of the emissions stuff, set the timing, and adjusted the valves. I also figured out along the way that it was a fuel line problem that was holding me back. I also painted her (not the greatest job, but my first paint job.)

since then the old hot rod bug has bitten me again, when I was younger I had a few nice ford hot rods, a toino, fairlane, galaxie, model a..... but I've always liked something different, which shows in my pics, lol.

the main reason this cars grown on me so much I think, is because its my first old car since my marriage, and divorce, and two awesome daughters. It's just my kinda way of sayin, just because I'm not a teenager anymore, a hot rodder is always gonna be a hot rodder.

BTW, the bowl gasket has been replaced, lol.

Attachments

• 10014944_10207015055200242_8423417542354901561_o.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 185
  • 1614359_10207015056360271_4170606963424436700_o.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 169
Engine looks nice and clean, car looks good to me. Is there an air cleaner in the stack you have on the carb?
It's better to save a Mopar than to have it crushed no matter how you look at it...

there's a screen, but even with that I'm no driving it much. saving up for a hilborn style scoop I'm going to modify for the 1920. I forgot to mention a mild cam and right now running through 2.5 open exhaust. with electric fans. not the fastest slant 6, but I got her to spin 'em pretty god off the line, lol.

forgot to say, trade and all I have less than a grand (prob around $700) in this car., also I have a floor shifter for the automatic ready to go in. all I really need is a set of wheels and tires for the rear, I'll leave the skinny steelies up front, just hard to find cheap 5x4" wheels....

-
Back