The stupidity in Spokamentro just gets worse

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
Tonight on the "noose" they announced that Stupe-can Transit is "trying out" all electric buses. And where, do you spose, .............hmmmmmmmmmm??????...... are they built?

WHY CHINA OF COURSE

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2014/mar/10/sta-giving-all-electric-buses-a-tryout/

rmk0vn.jpg

2lwoe8j.jpg

ip2gqh.jpg

x4hs0g.jpg

Well, this will be interesting.

If they take Federal money for mass transit, then the buses will have to be assembled here. If not... well... I don't want to get political.

Well, this will be interesting.

If they take Federal money for mass transit, then the buses will have to be assembled here. If not... well... I don't want to get political.

If they take federal money for mass transit, meaning they cannot afford it themselves, they should be using diesels where parts are available, and someone actually knows how to work on them. We should never buy from China PERIOD! Not to mention ones that cost twice as much as American made diesels. What is wrong with people. They spend twice as much and put our people out of work too?

All this electric powered stuff gripes me. How are all those batteries that eventually will have to be trashed, better on the environment?

Take a look at rail mass transit. Houston, Cincinnati, Kansas City, Long Island, NYC, Boston... Kawasaki has the Long Island contract, with the cars being assembled in Alabama. Houston is buying cars from Siemens and CAF. CAF has the contract for Cincy and KC. Bombardier is manufacturing cars for the NYC.

Alston is refurbishing cars at the moment.

CAF is a Spanish company.

Siemens is a German company.

Alston is a French company.

Kawasaki is obvious.

Bombardier is Canadian.

Between the profits on the contracts and the tax incentives given to buy the property here and employ Americans there's more money going back to the home countries than there is coming back into the economy through employment and withholding taxes and this is with the full strength of the US taxpayers behind them.

"Zero emissions " does not account for the emissions caused to generate the electricity in the first place. Just another lie perpetuated by the greenie liberals.

Go figure...there is damn near no funds available for road repair...some of the roads in Spokane County are damn near as rough as our dirt road that hasn't been graded in a couple of years but there is funds for this crap. Hey...I got a brilliant idea...raise the tax on fuel some more...and Jack up the "sin tax" while you're at it....a buck for the smallest bottled water ain't enough.

and any thoughts as to how the electricity is produced> burning coal????
Saw a pict of electric car hooked up to a running gas powered generator to charge????

"Zero emissions " does not account for the emissions caused to generate the electricity in the first place. Just another lie perpetuated by the greenie liberals.

Nor does it account for all the emissions from all the plastic and foam insulation in the things. Not to mention all the bovine excrement.

Here in Chicago, they announced some Chinese company opening an assembly plant to build new rail cars for CTA commuter use. Blah blah blah new jobs ,tax dollars some more bullsh** . Tax dollars going to China. WTF ??!!

But in the end, we're supposed to be grateful for jobs in the middle of the Pullman neighborhood. Google it. One of those places that makes national news Nightly. I highly doubt wages will be competitive.

-
Back