The Things We Do for Our A Bodies

-

69FBCuda

Stand back 10' for your viewing pleasure & Safety
Reaction score
Dying the seat belts, keeping the retractors out of the dye so it's not to damage the mechanism.

What is your endeavor?

20240213_201420.jpg

20240213_205233.jpg

20240213_205221.jpg

Those look great.... reminds me i need to find some front belts for my car soon

You must be single...lol. My wife is pretty cool with all my car shenanigans but, if I had parts in the dishwasher or, using her pot to dye seat belts I believe she would not be happy about that...lol.

You must be single...lol. My wife is pretty cool with all my car shenanigans but, if I had parts in the dishwasher or, using her pot to dye seat belts I believe she would not be happy about that...lol.
Actually she looked over her shoulder and said "Thats my grandmothers chair"

Dying the seat belts, keeping the retractors out of the dye so it's not to damage the mechanism.

Can you post a photo of the results? I've tried using black RIT dye before but with only so-so results. You'd think black dye would turn things black, but they ocnsistently turned out some kind of blueish-greyish color, not a deep dark black.

halfafish:

Can you post a photo of the results? I've tried using black RIT dye before but with only so-so results. You'd think black dye would turn things black, but they ocnsistently turned out some kind of blueish-greyish color, not a deep dark black.​

Came out a very nice dark black the mount sleeves covers were originally red and they absorbed up the dye very well. I couldn't find black so I used the graphite.

The dye manufacturer recommends 200° water for 30 to 60 minutes. I waited for the water to cool down a bit before I dip the re-tractors in.

If your belts are really nasty, soak them is a bucket of water w/laundry soap for a few days then scrub with a stiff brush. Afterward soak in water with white vinegar added(about 1 cup to 3 gallons water)for a few more days this removes the oil/soap. Rinse well.

20240214_123623.jpg

20240214_123632.jpg

20240214_123734.jpg

20240213_181331.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks! Those came out looking good. I'll give this a shot on my nasty faded ones.

-
Back