The Twisted Lemon 331 Hemi

-

68DartProject

M O P A R
Reaction score
Was out and about today and had to go by Home Depot in Hartwell, Ga. Low and behold there was a small car show going on. Walked around for a few and this was the only thing Mopar out there. Hope ya'll enjoy!!

Michael.

Attachments

• Twisted Lemon 1.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 331
  • Twisted Lemon 3.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 328
  • Twisted Lemon 2.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 327
Having grown up loving the old "door slammer" M/P, Gassers and Altereds, there's always a place with me for these cars. I do wish, however, that people would stop using those silly fake bug catchers. Scoop? Yes. This appears to be a somewhat "budget" build, like MANY you used to see "in the day."

Yeah would have been better to have seen it with a good air cleaner on it for sure. Had to take the plate number out. So if anyone notices smudge marks at the rear end that's why.

That is cool, thanks for the pic. I like what we do with the A/B/C/E, but this kinda stuff just makes me smile. I love AMC Rebels, early AMC Hornets (w/V-8s'), and some of the Mopar FMJ stuff (I do own an '85 AHB Gran Fury) and other oddball stuff because it is not common and the owners either keep them totally stock or take the freedom to go wherever they want...sometimes to a really cool place or to somewhere that leaves me scratching my head, but it is still neat to see

That is cool, thanks for the pic. I like what we do with the A/B/C/E, but this kinda stuff just makes me smile. I love AMC Rebels, early AMC Hornets (w/V-8s'), and some of the Mopar FMJ stuff (I do own an '85 AHB Gran Fury) and other oddball stuff because it is not common and the owners either keep them totally stock or take the freedom to go wherever they want...sometimes to a really cool place or to somewhere that leaves me scratching my head, but it is still neat to see

Ok Pictures of the Fury.....

I love the old Henry J. Our car club president drives a black 51' with flames and there is another one around here too, not sure of the year of it. They were both out at one of our cruises last month.

SDC10748.jpg

SDC10749.jpg

Yeah when I first walked up on it I thought maybe a Nash. Then I seen the 331 Hemi. And then scratched my head and duh!! It is on the side of the door. Henry J 1951. LoL Glad everyone enjoyed it.

I own the original mopar coronet twisted lemon. raced back in early 70's with a hemi. hemi long gone but has a monster of a stroked 440 now. wonder if he seen mine somewhere and named his j the same thing.

-
Back