"the wayback "

-
so the top of the decklid is in primer. then i flipped it over, did alittle bodywork on the underside and coated it with some epoxy primer. now rember the the underside of the crossfire lid? it took and trimmed that down to fit the bottom of the lancer's trunk shell. this will be welded in with a few patches to finishe it off and the whole set up will look like it was made that way in 1962.

Attachments

• DSCF3711.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 757
  • DSCF3726.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 729
  • DSCF3725.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 734
  • DSCF3724.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 730
  • DSCF3723.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 734
  • DSCF3722.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 738
You sir have some serious skills and I'm really enjoying your build. Nice Job! That hood looks great on this car and the Crossfire rear spoiler is brilliant. Keep up the great work.

so using the crossfire's decklid skeleton by trimming it down proved work out great. once it was welded in place as stated earlier i fabbed up some end pieces to finish it off. a liitle body filler again aided in concealing the graft. here it is in primer boasting the finished product. what do you think?

Attachments

• DSCF3780.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 686
  • DSCF3779.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 704
  • DSCF3778.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 676
  • DSCF3777.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 671
  • DSCF3776.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 686
  • DSCF3775.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 660
  • DSCF3774.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 670
  • DSCF3773.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 687
Nice work,

Im always excited when I see a post in this thread... Keep up the good work, Im eager to see that spoiler in place.

JOE

well i sanded the polyester primer, and found a few minor imperfections along the way. no big deal, they were small enough that i just needed to skim over them with some metal glaze to dial this decklid shell in. once i was satisfied i applied a few coats of urethane primer this time. sure is a big difference. what do you think?

Attachments

• DSCF3786.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 600
  • DSCF3785.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 619
  • DSCF3784.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 590
  • DSCF3783.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 594
  • DSCF3782.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 593
well i sanded the polyester primer, and found a few minor imperfections along the way. no big deal, they were small enough that i just needed to skim over them with some metal glaze to dial this decklid shell in. once i was satisfied i applied a few coats of urethane primer this time. sure is a big difference. what do you think?

That looks like it was punched out and spot welded in there from the factory..
VERY, VERY VERY BEAUTIFUL JOB!
I'm just a weekend warrior on metal fab. work myself,( as you can see from my build thread) so I hope my remarks arn't an insult.
:happy1::happy1::happy1::coffee2::coffee2::coffee2:

That looks like it was punched out and spot welded in there from the factory..
VERY, VERY VERY BEAUTIFUL JOB!
I'm just a weekend warrior on metal fab. work myself,( as you can see from my build thread) so I hope my remarks arn't an insult.
:happy1::happy1::happy1::coffee2::coffee2::coffee2:

no not at all. if you say it looks as if the factory made it i achieved my goal. that means people will look at it and wonder if it really was.

thanks

no not at all. if you say it looks as if the factory made it i achieved my goal. that means people will look at it and wonder if it really was.

thanks

You achieved the goal, now all you need to do is park it in my driveway and i'll finish it up.
Of course I'll need a title. L,O,L!!!!
Nice work.....

I flattered, I think the use of the actual deck lid sheet metal to create a seamless look would have worked well here as well.
Andrew

thanks

You will be at show someday and someone will walk up and tell you how they had the same car back in the day and it had the same spoiler and hood. It always happens, after they ask what kind of car it is.

You will be at show someday and someone will walk up and tell you how they had the same car back in the day and it had the same spoiler and hood. It always happens, after they ask what kind of car it is.

you are right ross. same hood and electric spoiler LOL

when i saw the first pics of the outside of the decklid with the spoiler up i was gonna suggest you should have gotten 2 and made the spoiler wider, and then i saw the underside and realize you made the perfect choice. the best part is it looks like there is a CHMSL on the spoiler. AWESOME work, as has been said before, it looks factory.

when i saw the first pics of the outside of the decklid with the spoiler up i was gonna suggest you should have gotten 2 and made the spoiler wider, and then i saw the underside and realize you made the perfect choice. the best part is it looks like there is a CHMSL on the spoiler. AWESOME work, as has been said before, it looks factory.

thanks Ken

Man, oh man...
You have SKILLS! I just spent the better part of two hours reading though this thread...color me subscribed! It's one thing to refurbish a musclecar, and another entirely to create something only you can see in a vision! I have to compliment you on every choice from the hood right down to the Stratus motor. I have a Stratus and never in a million years would it have occurred to me to hang a trans on it and turn it sideways. I live close enough that I could probably drive out and see this in person some time.
Needless to say, I'm blown away. Keep up the good work!:blob:

Man, oh man...
You have SKILLS! I just spent the better part of two hours reading though this thread...color me subscribed! It's one thing to refurbish a musclecar, and another entirely to create something only you can see in a vision! I have to compliment you on every choice from the hood right down to the Stratus motor. I have a Stratus and never in a million years would it have occurred to me to hang a trans on it and turn it sideways. I live close enough that I could probably drive out and see this in person some time.
Needless to say, I'm blown away. Keep up the good work!:blob:

thanks "Captainkirk" feel free to come out and see the real thing. very pleased that you like it

Awesome build! Not sure why it took me so long, but this thread caught my attention last week and I finally got to look through the whole thing. I like most of the lines of the Lancer,individually, but always thought something was wrong with the overall design. You've done a great job of correcting that. Incorporating my favorite hood into it is a big plus too. :notworth:

Awesome build! Not sure why it took me so long, but this thread caught my attention last week and I finally got to look through the whole thing. I like most of the lines of the Lancer,individually, but always thought something was wrong with the overall design. You've done a great job of correcting that. Incorporating my favorite hood into it is a big plus too. :notworth:

thanks zkx14

other things have dominated my time lately but i hope to get back to this shortly.

Attachments

• DSCF4046.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 355
-
Back