The weathermen finally got it right.....

-

inkjunkie

Reaction score
It is snowing on the Eastern side of Washington...........

Been snowing on the west side too. Woke up to snow on the ground this morning but has been melting. Guess we have a cold front coming in that is going to drop the temp down into the teens or low 20's. Maybe this is our last gasp of winter!

Sucks. I was planning to go into town and finally put my heads on my motor. Not sure I want to chance driving home later if it keeps up, or have them close highway 2 on me.

Sun is out and it is snowing. Looks very grey south of us. Was windy on Highway 2, very poor visiability.....

Attachments

• IMG_2788.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 110
Looking forward to the NHRA WinterNationals here in SoCal this weekend, but they're forecasting a very cold storm coming through with rain Friday night and continuing with showers on Saturday and up to a foot of snow in the local mountains. Snow level is expected to drop to 1500-2000 feet! That's almost unheard of here.
Sure will make a pretty backdrop for the race on television though if the weather is clear on Sunday. Here's what it looked like after a winter storm back in 1979. The tallest peak in this pic is just over 10,000' at the summit.

Attachments

• pomona79.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 112
Woke up this morning to 28* and 5" of snow in Big Lake, WA. Very glad I parked the truck at the top of the driveway. Drove amongst the idiots to the airport, sat on the tarmac while the plane was deiced, taxied out to the runway in a complete whiteout, only to get sent back to the loading dock for a different deicer (I honestly didn't know they made a "not so bad" and a "really bad" deicer). Finally left Sea Tac and made it down here to palm springs, 65 degrees and brain freeze from the wife's daquiri!

I had an interesting drive home on 405 in the snow tonight, left Mukilteo towards Kirkland and went at a crawling pace because it was "snowing" The roads were bare and wet....

Finally got around all the idiots and made it home in about twice the normal time.

Watching Seattle news and I see some areas got hammered pretty hard with snow. So much for heading down to my property in Maple Falls WA too frigin cold for me.

Looks like about 7-8" or so. But the temp has dropped and the wind is blowing.....

Got my heads on my motor, but probably should have gone home instead last night. I-90 from Argonne to Fairchild on Highway 2 were some of the worst roads I can remember driving on.

Doesn't look like I am going to make it to work today, either.

I went to the dump near the airport yesterday. When I went thru, about 3 in the afternoon the troubles started after Fairchild. Was so damn windy could not see the vehicle in front of you.

I went to the dump near the airport yesterday. When I went thru, about 3 in the afternoon the troubles started after Fairchild. Was so damn windy could not see the vehicle in front of you.

I think timing is the difference. The same wind that made it difficult to see also kept the road mostly clear. On I-90 there was no wind, so the snow just piled up and it felt like I was driving on the shoulder in deep snow almost the whole way. The car kept being pulled one way, then the other, and always felt like it was going to get sucked off the road. No tracks to follow, road was too wide for people to use the same lane consistently so it was just of piled snow and then compact snow, off again, on again. After Fairchild, it was one lane, and the wind had kept the build up down.

I'm buried under about an inch of snow down here in the south sound. Must be where I am because the news says Tacoma has about 5".

I am just on the east side of Coeur d'Alene and I got a little over a foot up here. This sucks! I hate the drive to Spokane in this, too many people have no clue how to handle the snow and slick roads. I watched some moron pass me going down the hill going 60 and then slammed into the divider and almost took out another car on the way.

I was just in CDA a week or tow ago.......went to that Saltwater fish store....

Would have liked to see more fish. I asked about ordering different species and was told it would not be a problem.

Now they're saying another 5-10 inches by tomorrow afternoon. That sounds excellent on top of the ice that is covering all of the roads. Yay!

The wind is howling. Had a few flurries when we went to town today, but the stars were out last I was outside....

-
Back