The "what if plymouth made a scamp like this" restoration

-
im about an hour and half or so south of detroit.

detroit is not a good place to get lost LOL.

I got lost on 8 miles of all places in the middle of the night out that way a couple of yours ago and seen cars on blocks and alarms going off and I made sure I did california rolls at every stop sign....no freaking way I was stopping lol.

yea, i got off on 8 mile just to say i did, and let me tell you.............it was 25 degrees last night at 3 a:m there, and all these clowns walking around in shorts, tank-tops... what crackheads

yea, i got off on 8 mile just to say i did, and let me tell you.............it was 25 degrees last night at 3 a:m there, and all these clowns walking around in shorts, tank-tops... what crackheads

your telling me lol...... sad to see so many parts of detroit in such "ruin" after it having been such a thriving place at one point in time.

today it was in the 70's though....t-shirt weather.....to bad I didnt get anything done to the duster in the nice weather :angry7:

340plot, & DusterDude72,
I go up to Mi every year to see my buddy that lives in Cass City, would like to meet you guys sometime. 340plot I love the Crager look so keep me in mind, I'd love to see your Duster DusterDude72.

Brad

i always thought it would be fun to take a 67-69 dart convertable and put 70-72 quartrs and front clip on it. basically make a 72 scamp convert. i think that would be pretty cool.

Here is a pic I found online ofa 69 transformed into one.

Attachments

• 71dart2.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 404
That car is for sale and in my town. Save the trouble of building...Its a 340/727 console car with ac. Very factory, nicely done.

I'm in Hamilton Ohio 45013, Thanks are they big bolt or small bolt patern. Doesn't matter to me just asking.
Thanks,
Brad

the tires on the rear are like new, and the front still have 70% tread left. there are no pitting to the rims, look like new. comes with the lugs................... price,,,,, i have no idea. lol

it able to be done on 5000ish.... i did my 68 formula s for about that. Paid 200 for a stripped 68 s with 3701 miles. I found another complete formula s 340 4 speed running for parts for 1700. I then had 3000ish to play with for wheels, rebuild brakes, headers and all the little stuff. I'm looking forward to seeing it done.

People down me for stripping cars as well but who cares. The complete formula s could have been fixed but why. The formula s i fixed with the parts has zero Rust anywhere.I
used all the running gear, pedals, wipers, steering column, working ralley dash with tach... etc. and got a 83/4 3.55 posi for my duster. so was all good

Interesting thread, I like the build idea. I also thing with all the barter / trades you will be able to do what you want. Paint doesn't have to break the bank if you are willing to do the work ( obviously you are ) or know someone who can help do it. That's how I plan on getting mine painted this winter. Keep up the good work.

This is gunna be a cool build. Im happy to see another scamp getting the attention it deserves. Subscribed.

well, figured i would post up some of the work i have done. i pulled the 8.75 out of the dart, stripped and painted it, threw in the 3:55 suregrip i bought from badlilred. had a hard time getting the 7.25 out of scamp, and then lifting the 8.75 back into the scamp with the new springs that i got in the engine/trans deal. new air shocks, u-bolts, everything else was used, but like new.

so now the rear is in, but still needing wheel cylinders, and shoes.

got everything unbolted to do the k-frame, but cannot find my 1-1/16 socket.. dummer.

i will be cutting out the floor to install the 4-speed hump, so i will have pics then

well, got the hump cut out today. have not posted in a few days, as i have been busy pulling it completly apart, and rebuilding the 8.75. it is in and ready to go.

also got a free gas tank from SLAPPY (thanks ), and now it looks like new once again. i figured i would sandblast it, and paint it, as it may give it a few more years of life.lol

here are some progress pics

Attachments

• day i do not kno 001.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 387
  • day i do not kno 002.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 388
  • day i do not kno 003.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 384
  • day i do not kno 004.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 378
  • day i do not kno 005.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 383
  • day i do not kno 006.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 379
well, i got the tunnel tacked in, then sealed it, and all the other boly seams.

it is now at the body shop. i took it there today. he siad it would be done in 30-45 days. i chose to go with the******** color. well, i will save that until i got pics after it leaves the booth. i was thinking tor red, black, blue, yellow, sassy grass green, or the other gree. codes j5 or j6. but it is still up in the air on what color i may paint it.

now it is time for me to restore the dash, column, and alot of under the hood items........................stay tuned

btw, after calculaTING ALL THE COST I HAVE INTO IT AT THE VERY MOMENT, I DO NOT THINK I CAN FINISH IT FOR THE 5,500.00 even with the cost saving efforts that i have put into it. i have not cut any corners on the car at all.i used what i could, fixed what i had. i did all the sandblasting of the car myself, stripped it to the core. luckily there was no bondo in the car, and no prior damage.

right now, i got 4775 into it, with all the new stuff. by the time the car is painted, i will have around 5800-6000 into it, but will be a awesome car.

but, yea, there always is a but.. lol i am thinking about putting new glass in the car. not that it needs it, but i only want to do it once, and i am building this car to be the car i want, so this also will take me over the budget more if i order new glass. we will see

i just got done beadblasting and doing the holley strip dominator. i do not know whether to paint it, or leave it the way it is...............................

Attachments

• intake 003.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 302
  • intake 002.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 302
  • intake 001.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 298
  • 001.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 311
i just got done beadblasting and doing the holley strip dominator. i do not know whether to paint it, or leave it the way it is...............................
paint :cheers:I was going to say have Leanne powdercoat it,but since its a budget build,maybe thats out of question

So, i got bored tonight. And i sold the other 340 i had, and really wanted to keep the holley strip dominator for the looks, but it meant that i had to pull the edelbrock intake off of my 340 going in my build. Uneeded work, but now that i am done, i am happy. Here are some pics

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 280
  • 002.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 285
  • 003.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 284
  • 004.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 279
  • 007.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 283
  • 008.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 289
That polka-dot blanket that rested the engine on is really special.

yea, it was my wifes favorite, until she came home from work one night, and asked where it was. so i told her that "my heart was cold, so i covered it up" lol then she asked again and i told her that my heart( engine) was first wrapped in a bag, then comfortable in the blanket, staying nice and ward with a tarp around it.. she freaked out like crazed maniac. so i told her she could have it back, and that is when she proceeded to split my lips open. rofl...(true story!)

-
Back