the wife- maps-travel-GPS cell

-

barbee6043

barbee 6043
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
So we have to leave tomorrow on a 6 hr trip to Corpus Christi to pickup 3 Boer goats. I pull up mapquest for their route as her "country" route makes me dizzy pulling a triler and I ain't getting on a Texas Intereste on thos holiday. No I ain't driving 3 hrs out of the way to stop at Buc ee's!
We always have trouble traveling as she is in change of the GPS on her cell, reading roadmaps, etc.. I sure try to keep a cool head, but.....
I am trying to explain the suggested new route, and when she tells me I am holding the MAP SIDEDOWN!!!!!!! ( No it is NOT!!)
I know I am screwed again!!!!!

12-14 hours on the road, an over nighter, pulling the little goat trailer with a friggin Toyota whatever it is!!!!! God help me PLEASE!!!

Try the Waze app. you can change the route, if interstate or not, toll or not, set mph warning over limit, lets you know of cops, accidents etc.

I’ll use Waze over the gps in my truck for those same reasons. My wife does the same thing has to be in charge of the gps , then she says turn that away. You know in a dark car.

I’ll use Waze over the gps in my truck for those same reasons. My wife does the same thing has to be in charge of the gps , then she says turn that away. You know in a dark car.

Never , ever travel w/ the wife !! (if u can get out of it !)

We are so old and computer dumb, I doubt she can figure out the app thing. With me, the flip top phone I have either rings or NOT!!!
I still rely on reading a road map!!!!!

Last time we were on edge of Houston her GPS thing on her phone stated yelling at me " turn here, turn here!" The SOB was about to send me into a one way street, wrong way!!!!!

I thought you wanted to get away from the humidity, your going straight into it. I was there Friday for work. It sucks. I hate the sun, the beach, and the salt.

Yes I hate humidity but we went there to buy 3 more Boer goats. Actually it felt a little better there as more wind.

The step son will have to do the WAZE thing. The GPS on here phone sent us 20 mi out of the way to the guys address!!!!!!! I was pissed!!! ha GPS does not always seem to work well out in the sticks. We will try the AWZE!!!!

We were about 15-20 N of Corpus.

Yes I hate humidity but we went there to buy 3 more Boer goats. Actually it felt a little better there as more wind.

The step son will have to do the WAZE thing. The GPS on here phone sent us 20 mi out of the way to the guys address!!!!!!! I was pissed!!! ha GPS does not always seem to work well out in the sticks. We will try the AWZE!!!!

We were about 15-20 N of Corpus.

When you get out of range of cell coverage things get really weird with GPS. When I worked inspecting cell towers I did a stint up in Alaska; cell coverage was so bad I had to download the satellite images of the tower site location and write down the latitude and longitude. Without cell service the GPS maps still worked but there was no way for your phone to figure out where you are on the map.

I keep the voice muted btw (drives me NUTS) and just mount my phone to a little carrier thing that suction-cups to my windshield when I'm traveling and need directions.

-
Back